What we offer
Pediatrics and Child Health offers comprehensive undergraduate (clerkship) and postgraduate (residency) programs. We are also actively involved in the education of physician assistants, international medical graduates and nurse practitioners.
Current student resources
We are proud to educate the next generation of pediatricians, providing a supportive environment in which students learn the unique features of infant, child and adolescent medicine—from undergraduate programs to residencies and PhDs.
Awards and scholarships
We’re committed to developing and supporting world class research and discovery in our province. Research is the key to saving lives, preventing illness and helping sick children get well again.
Community and partners
Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba (CHRIM)
Our partnership with the Children’s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba (CHRIM) allows our residents, fellows and physicians to be a part of collaborative projects—working in the areas of basic science, clinical trials and knowledge translation.
- Each area is crucial to our vision of creating a learning hospital, to integrate our research in the care of our patients—transforming research from the bench to be used directly at the bedside.
- Pediatrics is a uniquely rewarding specialty. We strive to provide excellent training and care for patients and their families, from infancy to adolescence.
- Our research runs in partnership with CHRIM, working together to make kids better and keep them from getting sick.
- With departmental training for undergraduate, postgraduate, nurse practitioner and international medical graduate students available, we're committed to training medical professionals across the spectrum of patient care.
- Affiliated sections include anesthesia, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat), radiology, surgery and urology.
Faculty and staff
News & storiesView more news and stories
Pediatrics and Child Health
CE-208 Children's Hospital, Health Sciences Centre
840 Sherbrook Street
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1S1 Canada