Be part of a diverse Indigenous student community
Study with us. The University of Manitoba is home to a strong, vibrant, and dynamic Indigenous community with more than 2,600 students in attendance—and our numbers are growing. Many of our Indigenous graduates now enjoy successful and rewarding careers in their home communities, throughout Manitoba and beyond.
Let’s get you started
We are the Indigenous Student Recruitment + Community Relations Team, and we’re here to help you become a UM student -- whether you are applying directly from high school, are coming from an adult learning centre or are a mature learner.
We work with all Indigenous students who self-identify as First Nations, Métis and Inuit.
We can help you:
- Find the university program that is right for you
- Explore the university’s Indigenous programs and resources
- Complete the student application process, including help with documents, online application forms and processes
- Find financial aid and awards
- Connect with the campus Indigenous community
- Attend a one-on-one campus tour/advising session
We are here for you every step of the way. Contact us today about your future at the University of Manitoba.
At UM, Indigenous engagement is a priority. The Indigenous community works hard to support a learning environment that promotes Indigenous student success. We continue to advocate for the importance of bringing Indigenous knowledges and perspectives into life on our campuses.
- More than 300 Indigenous students graduate from UM each year.
- Migizii Agamik – Bald Eagle Lodge is home to our Indigenous Student Centre and Access program; come visit us and attend our many Indigenous community events.
- In 2019 the university celebrated the 30th anniversary of the Annual Traditional Graduation Pow Wow, honouring the achievements of UM Indigenous graduates.
Programs to help you succeed
The University of Manitoba has a number of programs and partnerships dedicated to your success – by providing academic and personal support so you can stay on track and build your confidence.
The University of Manitoba offers a wide variety of academic programs. Several focus on Indigenous content or are geared towards First Nations, Métis and Inuit students.