Graduate programs of study
Our faculties, schools and colleges
Agricultural and Food Sciences
Environment, Earth and Resources
Kinesiology and Recreation Management
Graduate programs of study
Choose from our extensive list of 49 doctoral programs and 95 master’s programs and pursue your unique path.
- Economics (Pre-master's, MA, PhD)
- Education (PhD)
- Education - Curriculum, Teaching and Learning (MEd)
- Education - Educational Administration, Foundations and Psychology (MEd)
- Education – Université de Saint-Boniface (M en Éd)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (PhD)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Pre-master's, MEng, MSc)
- English, Theatre, Film, & Media (Pre-master's, MA, PhD)
- Entomology (MSc, PhD)
- Environment and Geography (MEnv)
- Environment and Geography (MSc)
- Pathology (MSc)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (MA)
- Peace and Conflict Studies (PhD)
- Pediatric Dentistry (MDent)
- Periodontics (MDent)
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics (MSc, PhD)
- Pharmacy (MSc)
- Pharmacy (PhD)
- Philosophy (MA)
- Physical Therapy (MPT)
- Physician Assistant Studies (MPAS)
- Physics and Astronomy (MSc, PhD)
- Physiology and Pathophysiology (MSc, PhD)
- Plant Science (MSc, PhD)
- Political Studies (Pre-master's, MA)
- Prosthodontics (MSc)
- Psychology and School Psychology (MA, PhD)
- Public Administration (MPA)
Canada Research Chairs
One of Canada's 15 research-intensive universities
Fueled by curiosity, our researchers are deciphering the building blocks of life, creating profound expressions of culture and discovering innovations that will shape the world of tomorrow. We've been doing this for more than 140 years.
Areas of research
UM’s Strategic Research Plan serves as a roadmap to champion research excellence. Guiding our efforts through established and emerging research strength areas and themes, our researchers address the most pressing issues facing Canadians as well as global societies.
Our signature research areas include: Arctic system science and climate change; immunity, inflammation and infectious disease; and population and global health.
As Manitoba’s leader in research, we are home to more than 80 endowed and sponsored research chairs, including an allocation of 52 Canada Research Chairs, a Canada 150 Research Chair, a Canada Excellence Research Chair and a Canada Excellence Research Chair Laureate. These chairs reflect our areas of research strength.
Research centres, institutes, affiliates and groups
We are home to more than 50 research centres, institutes and shared facilities that promote the exchange of ideas and provide collaborative research environment that stimulate multidisciplinary research and development.
Each year, UM graduate students receive awards and scholarships to help them succeed. In 2020, five UM PhD students were awarded the prestigious Vanier Scholarship – an award that provides students with $150,000 toward their research over a three-year span.