Clinical Health Psychology (CHP) is both a provincially-led clinical service in Shared Health, responsible for psychological services throughout the Manitoba health system, and an academic department in the Max Rady College of Medicine, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences at UM.
Our clinical psychologists are medical staff who work in interprofessional team-based care environments, enjoying well-established collaborations with physician, nursing, and allied health colleagues to provide innovative and effective care. Many also hold clinical faculty appointments.
CHP psychologists connect regularly with each other, whether based in Winnipeg or in rural or northern health regions, and have a respectful and caring community of professional practice.
Opportunities include mental health and medical areas across the lifespan. We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, relocation support, clinical supervision until licensed for independent practice, ongoing professional development, professional license reimbursement; and opportunity for supervision of psychology residents and clinical research through integrated clinical/academic roles.
Current residents/interns, beginning career and established psychologists are welcome to apply.
- Doctoral degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from a CPA/APA-accredited program; completion of a CPA/APA-accredited internship/residency.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Psychologist (C.Psych.) in Manitoba
Areas of interest
Winnipeg – child and adolescent
- Developmental disorders (preschool)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Medical Psychology-consult/treatment
- Mental Health – consult/treatment
- Pediatric Neuropsychology
- Transgender Health
Winnipeg – adult
- Anxiety disorders
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac disease
- Operational Stress Injuries
- Psychodiagnostic/Cognitive Assessment
- Sleep disorders
- Women’s Health
Interlake-Eastern health region
- Lifespan Mental Health (Oakbank)
Northern health region
Prairie Mountain health region
- Adult Mental Health (Brandon)
- Lifespan Mental Health (Dauphin)
How to apply
Submit your CV and cover letter indicating your area(s) of interest by email to email@example.com.
Please call 1-204-787-5163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and we'll be happy to assist.