Determine which category is right for you.
How it works
Extended Education General Studies students can register for a course from most faculties provided prerequisite requirements have been met. Courses in professional faculties, colleges and schools require special permission prior to registration. Courses are available in the Fall, Winter and Summer terms and are offered on campus or online.
Apply for admission to Extended Education, General Studies
Choose from three categories: Auditing, Special or Visiting Student
Register for courses with Aurora
Claim your accounts and get your ID
Find your textbooks
In Aurora, go to Enrolment & Academic Records/Student Records/View Booklist.
Buy your books
Pay for courses
Related references to review
UM Undergraduate Calendar
Information about General Studies, courses, regulations and procedures
Extended Education Applicant Information Bulletin
Important dates and deadlines
Aurora PIN not working
Call the Registrar’s Office at 204-474-9420.
UM Academic Policies
Repeated Course Policy, Grade Point Average Policy, Voluntary Withdrawal (VW) Policy, Authorized Withdrawal (AW) Policy
Limited Access Policy
Definitions and terms
UM Commons: Glossary of Terms | University of Manitoba (umanitoba.ca)
• Authorized Withdrawal Request Form (PDF)
• Request for Deferred Exam Form (PDF)
• Request to Exceed the Credit Hour Limit (PDF)
• Request to Drop a Course Form (PDF)
• Request to Challenge for Credit Form (PDF)
• Consent for Release of Student’s University Information Form (PDF)
• Request for Reinstatement Form (PDF)
• Self-Declaration for Brief or Temp Absences (PDF)