Contact information change

You can update/make changes to your personal information through Aurora.

To update your address or phone number follow the steps below: 

Step 1: Log in to Aurora.

Step 2: Select Personal Information.

Step 3: Select Update Address and Phone.

Preferred name changes

At the UM, students are primarily known to staff and professors by their preferred or chosen name. if you want to be known by your preferred name, you must designate it through your aurora account.  

To designate your Preferred name follow the steps below:

Step 1: Log in to Aurora:

  • Select the Personal Information tab.

  • Enter your preferred name and save. Changes in aurora will be immediate.

Step 2: Change your ID:

  • The next day, you can get an updated Photo ID card using your preferred name. 

Step 3: Update your computer account: 

  • You can update your computer account by submitting a service request to the IST Help Desk.