Under the Manitoba-Minnesota Reciprocity Agreement, any student who is a resident of the state of Minnesota, as defined by the University of Manitoba, is granted reciprocity fee status following application, submission of required documentation, and confirmation by the Registrar's Office.
Minnesota Reciprocity Application Deadlines
Fall 2021 and Winter 2022
You must be admitted to the university to submit this application. Incomplete applications will be destroyed. After a successful application, a Minnesota reciprocity student pays the same tuition rate as a Canadian Citizen.
Applying for Reciprocity Status
- Apply for admission to the University of Manitoba. On the application form, you will identify yourself as an international applicant. Along with your application, you will be asked to submit required documents like official transcripts.
- Once you have accepted your offer of admission, you will receive an email to submit your Minnesota Reciprocity Documentation on Aurora
- Login to Aurora
- Select 'Personal Information'
- Select 'Change Residency Status'
- Ensure you select Minnesota Reciptorty as the reason, the follow the steps on screen to complete your submission.
- All documentation must be received by the end of the revision period of each term. Additionally, Minnesota Reciprocity applications must be resubmitted annually to the Registrar’s Office.
- To ensure we capture your residence status correctly, be sure to review your student information in Aurora.
Submissions will be accepted via email, ensure you redact your SSN on your most recent Minnesota tax return.
International health insurance fees will still be assessed to Minnesota Students.
If you would like to take advantage of this agreement, you should inquire with the Minnesota institution where you plan to enroll. Indicate that you wish to obtain the reciprocal tuition rate and be prepared to provide proof of Manitoba residency. Each institution may have its own application procedure.