A transcript is a comprehensive record of a student's academic performance as recorded at the University of Manitoba including courses, grades and degrees awarded. Official transcripts are printed on security paper with the University of Manitoba crest and signature of the registrar.
The Registrar’s Office issues official transcripts of academic activity and achievement. Official transcripts are normally required to support applications for admission to academic programs at another institution and to support employment applications when requested.
Elements of a transcript
The transcript contains the following information:
- The student's name and day and month of birth
- The student ID number
- Program of study including major, minor, concentration
- List of UM courses and grades earned by level (non-degree, undergraduate, graduate)
- Term GPA
- Record of academic standing
- Summary of transfer credit from other institutions
- Academic awards and scholarships
- UM degree awarded with the degree date
Order a transcript
Current students and Alumni who took classes after 2006 must order a transcript through their online Aurora Account. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), Interac and Visa Debit only. Transcripts are $14.55. Fees are subject to change. The only delivery option at this time is standard.
To order your transcript:
- Login to Aurora
- Select Enrolment & Academic Records
- Select Student Records
- Select Academic Transcript
- Select Request Official Transcript Online – payment by credit card, Interac and Visa Debit only
Web transcripts: You can see a complete record of academic activity on your web transcript through Aurora. The web transcript is unofficial and should not be used for external purposes.
Alumni transcripts (prior to Fall Term 2006)
Alumni (who completed all classes before Fall of 2006) can order a transcript by mail or Email. Otherwise, please contact the Registrar’s Office (email: Registrar.Office@umanitoba.ca or call 204-474-9420 1-877-474-9420 (toll free)) gain access to Aurora to complete your order.
- Alumni can send a completed transcript request form or a written and signed request containing detailed instructions to the Registrar’s Office. You must include a copy of government issued photo-ID
- Enclose payment by cheque, Visa or MasterCard (include number and expiry date). Cheques must be made payable to the University of Manitoba
- Email or Mail the completed transcript order form and a copy of a government issued photo-ID to:
University of Manitoba Registrar's Office (Transcripts)
400 UMSU University Centre
Winnipeg, Manitoba / R3T 2N2
Electronic Signatures are acceptable on order forms.
Extended Education transcripts
Current students/students after May 2014
You must order your transcripts online through Aurora if:
- you are a current student
- a student who took certificate courses
- a student who took individual, non-degree UM Extended Education courses after May 2014
Students before May 2014
You must order your transcripts by completing the Extended Education Transcript Request form (PDF) if you took certificate courses and/or individual non-degree courses before May 2014.
Official stamped copy of course descriptions
You may need to occasionally request descriptions of courses taken at the UM for foreign degree validations or acceptance of credits at another institution. The fee for Stamped Copies of Course Descriptions (up to 5) is $11.75 ($2.00 charged per additional course). Please allow approximately five working days for processing.
1. Fill out the form, including the payment portion
2. Email the form to Registrar.Office@umanitoba.ca
3. Receive an email from the Registrar’s Office if there is a payment issue