The Registrar’s Office will prepare a Certificate of Enrolment/Status Letter document for domestic and international students.  The document is $11.75 per term, per copy (subject to change) and can take five business days to prepare. Students who require multiple terms of information must submit a separate request for each academic term. Payment can be made by credit card (Visa or MasterCard), Interac and Visa Debit only. 

To order your enrolment verification letter:

  1. Log in to Aurora
  2. Select Enrolment & Academic Records
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Enrolment Verification
  5. Select Request Enrolment Verification
  6. Follow the menu prompts and select your delivery method: 
    1. Email (to an email address of your choice)
    2. Standard mail
  7. Select your payment method: credit card, Interac and Visa Debit only

In order to receive proof of registration, make sure you have no outstanding payments to the University. These include parking tickets, library fines and residence fees. Proof of registration will only be issued once these obligations are met.

Certificate of Enrolment or status letter

Students may need an Enrolment Verification letter for one of the following reasons:

  • Proof of enrolment for ALL RESP companies
  • Proof of enrolment for private healthcare providers (not needed for Manitoba Health)
  • Proof of enrolment for immigration applications
  • Proof of enrolment for insurance through MPI (international students)
  • Proof of enrolment for scholarships
  • Status letter

What the letter includes

This document is prepared on UM letterhead.  Included information will be documented as it exists in Aurora on the date that the letter is ordered. It will reflect your current program and enrolment information for one term of study. One page will be provided for each term of study.

The following student information is also included in the letter:

  • Your name
  • Student number
  • Date of birth
  • Current program information
  • Full- or part-time status for each term of the applicable academic year
  • Credit hours and course registration for the term of study
  • Total number of passed credit hours in program

RESP or Scholarship Trust Funds forms

Some RESP/Scholarship Trust Fund companies have their own form they request be filled out by the Registrar’s Office of a student’s home institution. The Registrar's Office no longer accepts these forms.

Instead, please submit a request for an Education Verification/Proof of Registration to be sent to the company.