Employment and volunteer opportunities
CADLab, Faculty of Architecture, University of Manitoba
Hourly Rate: $22.85 (includes 6% vacation pay)
Hours per Week: Approximately 8-12
Start Date: January 8, 2024
End Date: May 2024
Shifts Available: Monday and Tuesday afternoons only
- Must be a student registered either in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the winter of 2024
- Must be fluent in English
- Must have excellent visual colour perception
- Ability to lift paper rolls which can weigh up to 50lbs
- Detailed knowledge of the following software is required:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Knowledge of the following software would be an asset:
- Windows and Mac operating systems
- Autodesk Suite (AutoCAD, Revit)
- Customer service experience would be an asset
Application deadline is Monday, December 18th.
For more information on the job posting and application process, click here.
posted: November 30, 2023
Brandt Development Ltd.
Location: Regina, SK
Duties + Responsibilities
- Design, analysis and detailing of Landscape elements for all projects, including design, layout plans, technical details and specifications
- Carefully assess geographic regions to choose plants, trees and flowers that will flourish naturally, as well as address concerns such as drainage, screening and soil conditions
- Produce graphical sketches or renderings of proposed landscape layouts
- Design of Landscaping works associated with the construction of new buildings & renovations projects
- Investigate preliminary Landscaping layout options during the planning and schematic design process to meet the client’s requirements
- Preparation of cost estimates, tender contract documents and reports
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, specifications which meet Brandt’s needs and which, comply with sound design practices and standards
- Complete various Site Inspections and prepare contract administration reports
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon Landscaping designs, drafting, schematics and specifications
- Coordinate with local permitting Authority in various Canadian jurisdictions for landscape design of various Brandt buildings all across North America
- Support the development of construction documents, coordinate with other (internal and external) design and Engineering disciplines, Contractors,
- Project Management and Constructors, and support the project through contract administration
- Support the Building Design Team as required, including internal collaboration, and assisting with other discipline Technologist tasks as required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of AutoDesk AutoCAD is required, and knowledge of REVIT-based environment or LEED is an asset
- Interpersonal and communications skills, positive hard-working attitude will be strong assets
- Working both individually and within a collective Brandt team, with a team-oriented focus to deliver projects
- Has ecological, aesthetic and technical training to maximize the potential of the outdoor space
To apply for this position please visit www.brandtjobs.com and enter the tracking code 7498-046 into the search field on the Job Opportunities page . We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position, however only those being considered will be contacted.
posted: November 7, 2023
Indigenous Student Job Opportunity
Colliers Project Leaders
Start Date: May 2023 (with opportunity to start earlier)
End Date: November 2024
- Job Description: A student who will aid the Architectural team in design and procurement activities.
- Commitment: 40hrs over the span of 5 months. Minimum 2 hour working periods.
- Hourly Rate: Determined based on number of applicants. There is a pool of money that will be divided by the number of students working on this project.
- Licensed/Registered Architect Oversight: Yes, there is an opportunity to work with someone who is a licensed/registered Architect.
- Project Information: Interior and exterior renovations for the Neeginan Centre in Winnipeg, MB.
All interested students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. No resume is required.
posted: November 3, 2023
Nejmark Architect / Retail Hospitality Design
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Are you looking exciting and challenging career opportunities?
We . . .
- Are an established architectural firm and affiliated interior design group with work across Western Canada
- Have an extensive 35 year firm history including primarily commercial projects and a variety of other project types
- Provide support for self development to achieve the highest level of quality work
- Learn from each other and invest in the growth of each person
- Have a collaborative approach that allows individuals to contribute based on their own strengths
- Offer excellent experience and learning opportunities
. . . and what We offer
- Exceptional range of experience on projects from design to technical construction detailing to contract administration
- Support, teaching and shared knowledge from our most experienced people and principals at every stage of project development
- Learning environment for you to grow and develop as a consummate professional
- Opportunity to be your best and develop into a senior position in our office
You . . .
- Are ambitious to learn in a collaborative and dynamic architectural practice
- Have initiative to develop as a professional
- Have a high level of self motivation
- Take on challenges with enthusiasm and determination to get results
- Thrive in a team oriented environment
. . . and what You will do
- Develop a project from start to finish
- Be responsible for high quality work
- If you want to be part of an encouraging and supportive team of dedicated professionals, we welcome your application.
Please submit resume in confidence to:
Nejmark Architect/ Retail Hospitality Design
2-54 Adelaide Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 0V7
(t) 204.947.3775 (e) email@example.com
posted: October 10, 2023
City of Austin
The Housing Department Displacement Prevention team works on initiatives and policies that help ensure communities that are most vulnerable to being displaced are prioritized with helpful programs and real-world solutions. Specifically, this Planner II position will work on key planning, policy, and research activities within the team. This position will support the development of housing policies and collaborate with diverse communities through various planning processes to elevate and promote housing affordability and racial equity.
• Supporting the development of housing policies
• Collaborating with diverse communities through inclusive planning processes
• Conducting research and analysis to inform decision-making
• Developing and evaluating proposals to enhance household affordability and prevent displacement
• Position: Planner II
• Application Deadline: October 13, 2023
• Apply now: Planner II Job Posting
posted: September 27, 2023
Narratives is a planning firm, specializing in impact assessment, community engagement, and conflict transformation. We are driven by applying tested ideas, exploring innovative techniques, trying new research designs, and constantly pushing our standards in impact assessment practice. For more information, please visit www.narrativesinc.com or https://www.linkedin.com/company/narratives-inc/.
Narratives is currently seeking candidates for our Landscape Designer position to bring our stories to life. The position will be full-time, one-year term with the potential for a permanent position.
- Post-secondary education in landscape architecture, urban design, or a related field / equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to visual detail.
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, XD), AutoCAD and SketchUp.
- Adaptable, versatile, willing to learn and explore.
- Knows how to communicate sensitively with a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to develop design solutions while following style guides, and creative art direction.
- Hold a valid drivers’ license.
posted: August 29, 2023
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Take Place is a design-first, future-facing company on a mission to make thoughtfully designed, high-quality, sustainable housing more accessible to all. We’re building custom homes that are assembled using a proprietary kit of high-quality, precision engineered, purpose-built components. We’re a small team of curious, passionate individuals, and we have a high bar for design excellence, borne from a philosophy that great design is simple, honest, and restrained.
We’re a new company, which means that our roles are dynamic, and will change as we grow. While there are certain skillsets that we’re looking for, we are especially excited about connecting with individuals who are passionate about our mission and eager to make an impact in a new organization with a lot of opportunity. At this early stage, we hope to craft roles around individuals based on their own combination of passions and skills.
The skillsets we are looking for include:
Architect / architectural designer (any level)
Industrial / furniture / product designer
Construction project manager
Assembler / installer
Digital manufacturing / fabrication expert
CAD / BIM / CAM technician
AEC software systems implementer (automation, validation, configuration)
If you fit any of that criteria, and our mission and principles resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you!
You can send a resume, portfolio, or expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
posted: August 22, 2023
Indigenous Student Consultant (Opa's Park Restoration Project)
Location: Niverville, MB
Length of term: ~1 year, October 2023 - October 2024
Opa's Park is a small greenspace in Niverville, MB, currently being renovated into a nature playground and outdoor classroom. This is a volunteer-driven community project with financial support from the Town and other sources. We are seeking an Indigenous student consultant to develop and help implement some design recommendations that will make the new park a) culturally inclusive, b) well disposed to play & learning outcomes that support Truth & Reconciliation. Specifically, we're looking to design a small, circular gathering area suited to teaching & sharing, but recommendations are invited to consider the park as a living whole. We are very open to developing/expanding the specs of this role according to the applicant's individual skills and interests. (For instance, we are in the midst of developing some educational/interpretive signage we can sprinkle throughout the park. We have a graphic designer among our volunteers, and some draft copy already exists, but we would be excited about including this signage within a Student Consultant's considerations of total park design.) daily routine.
Please send resume and cover-letter, with references, to Beth Downey (Project Coordinator) at email@example.com Strong candidates will be contacted for an interview, likely by phone or video call.
Rate of pay (optional)
*Our desire is for this position to be paid. However, because this project is entirely driven by volunteers, and our budget fully allocated to the material needs of the renovation, pay for our Student Consultant will be contingent on receipt of dedicated grant funding. Questions welcome.
posted: August 16, 2023
Kitchen, Bath and other home cabinetry design consultant.
Designer would meet with clients to advise on materials and design of their home projects.
Communication with customers, vendors, shop personel, and contractors are part of the daily routine.
- Communication skills
- Customer service
- Organisational skills
- Computer skills (we use CV design software- CAD based)
- French is an asset but not necessary
To apply, contact:
410 Des Meurons, Winnipeg, MB
posted: June 30, 2023
Chris Werner Consulting Inc.
We are seeking an entry-level position as a full-time Program Coordinator who will support coordination efforts of programs and projects that are focused on land management, environmental monitoring, land negotiations, capacity building, and communication. The Program Coordinator is expected to be task-oriented, maintain a positive attitude, use inclusive language, and be sensitive to the needs and culture of our clients.
Qualifications - Mandatory:
- Education in Administration, Business, Environmental Design, Geography, Natural Resource Management, Indigenous Studies, or related fields.
- Well-established documentation, organizational, and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).
Qualifications - Desired:
- Experience with budgets and reporting.
- Experience working with governments, Indigenous communities, and/or stakeholders.
- Experience in providing administrative support.
- Experience in contract administration.
- High level of initiative with demonstrated ability to be adaptable, resourceful, and efficient.
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong skills in managing multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Ability to work independently and confidently within a team environment.
- Interest in working in remote wilderness settings.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
Submit a Cover Letter and Resume outlining your interests and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about CWC can be found at www.wernerconsulting.ca. We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for consideration will be contacted
For full job posting please click HERE.
posted: June 29, 2023
Department of Environment Technician
Reporting to the Environment Lead under the portfolio of Workforce and Environment, the Facilities /EnvironmentTechnician will be responsible for administering space management functions. This includes maintaining a spaceinventory and furnishings inventory, developing and implementing processes to request/repurpose space,maintaining the furnishings inventory to account for changes in use/function of spaces, preparing initial plans andconcepts for review/quotation by trades/contractors, assisting in oversight and direction of projects throughconstruction phase, and collecting and maintaining post-occupancy evaluations and “lessons learned” forcompleted projects. The successful applicant will assist the Environment Lead in supporting project teams todemonstrate and promote a safe and healthy environment for the patients, visitors, and employees of CancerCareManitoba.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline, (i.e. Bachelor of Environmental Design, Bachelor of InteriorDesign, Diploma of Architectural/Engineering Technology, or similar). Consideration will be given tocandidates who can demonstrate extensive past experience in a related comparable field, to the satisfactionof CCMB
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
- Proficient with MS Word/Excel/Outlook
- Ability to travel between all sites
- Working knowledge of building codes and regulations, and laws relevant to the position
- Working knowledge of Manitoba safety and health standards
- Satisfactory employment record
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
The application process requires that the applicant go through the WRHA careers portal to set up an account here, and complete some information prior to submitting a resume/cover letter.
For full job posting please click HERE.
posted: June 14, 2023