The co-curricular record (CCR) is an official document that summarizes each student's participation in university-approved activities that aren't for academic credit.
Developing your co-curricular record
What is the CCR?
Like a transcript, but existing as a separate document, the CCR is a clear statement of a student's involvement in activities that support holistic development.There are over 100 university-approved programs that qualify for co-curricular recognition, divided into six areas of development:
Why develop your CCR?
- To build the skills and gain the experiences that employers look for when hiring new employees.
- Easier resume and interview prep from consulting your CCR, since it contains a detailed record of your experiences.
For more information on how to use your CCR when looking for a job, get in touch with UM Career Services.
Facilitating a CCR program
Register or renew a CCR program
CCR Applications for the Fall 2021 term are now available as a two-step process:
- Complete the positions descriptions template for every single position you are seeking recognition for under the appropriate tab (Awards, Foundational Skill Development, Governance, Leadership, Service Learning, Volunteerism & Participation).
- Complete the application form and attach the positions descriptions in the appropriate portion.
Upon submitting your application, you may be contacted with initial feedback that provides suggestions on how to enhance your application before it reaches the CCR Review Committee.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCR Application Submission Deadline: Monday, November 29, 2021 (11:59PM).
CCR Stamp of approval
The CCR stamp of approval is available to staff and students to be used on promotional pieces. The CCR stamp quickly tells students that the promoted activity is a recognized and approved CCR activity and that participation with the activity will be reflected on a student's official CCR.
Please note that the CCR stamp of approval must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Only permitted on promotional material of activities that have been approved by the CCR Review Committee
- Stamp should be no smaller than 1 inch in diameter (including white release)
- Stamp cannot be altered in any way aside from its size as outlined above (includes no overlay on the stamp)
- Stamp should not be rotated further than 75 degrees
Obtaining your CCR
Requesting for your CCR
Your Co-Curricular Record (CCR) in CareerConnect includes all University of Manitoba approved activities from Fall 2020, onwards.
Approved activities from 2012 through Summer 2020 are part of your Archived CCR, and will not appear on your record in CareerConnect.
Add a position to your CCR
You should request your positions at the end of an activity (i.e. once you have completed it, not while you are currently participating in it). An activity validator will review and approve your request at the end of the academic year, at which time it will appear on your record.
Unlisted Activity or Position
If your activity does not appear in the Co-Curricular Experiential Catalogue, a member of your group will need to apply to have your group recognized. If the activity is listed, but the position is missing, you will need to apply to add that position to the catalogue. Information about applications can be found online.