Statistics financial aid and awards
University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships (UMGF)
University graduate fellowships are offered to full-time master’s and Ph.D. students to recognize and support academic excellence. The fellowships are offered to students who have demonstrated superior intellectual ability and academic accomplishment.
Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.75 to be considered for this award. A student may apply for this award multiple times and a student who wins this award as an M.Sc. student is still eligible to win it during their Ph.D. program.
Students must apply for this award. Applications include:
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (including awards/honours, etc.),
- a research statement/outline of proposed research ( maximum 2 pages) and
- if applicable, please provide a description of any obstacles you have encountered in your academic/research trajectory that may be relevant to your application.
Applications and three reference letters should be sent to Ms. Rosa Di Noto at Rosa.DiNoto@umanitoba.ca by May 1. Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be considered. Reference letters should include the research potential or a brief summary of the research as well as a discussion of its significance and potential impact.
The Graduate Committee will choose the recipients. When evaluating the applications, the following weights will be given to:
|Program||Award GPA||Research proposal||Publications||Quality of letters||Quality of awards|
EDI considerations will be taken into account for the review of the application process.
Department of Statistics graduate student conference support
Graduate students at the Department of Statistics can apply for travel support to attend conferences. To be eligible, the student must:
- be a registered graduate student in the statistics department,
- be a co-author on the accepted paper or poster and
- be the person presenting the work.
Please download and fill out the forms below and send them to Margaret.Smith@umanitoba.ca.