Check if you are eligible to graduate

You are eligible to graduate when you have completed all of the requirements for your program. Log in through Jump to check your progress in UM Achieve.

Consult with your faculty's academic advisor before graduation to ensure you are eligible to graduate.   

Ensure that you have claimed your UM email address. All graduation and convocation information will come to your UM email address.

Apply to graduate

Undergraduate (bachelor or diploma program) students need to declare their intent to graduate online through Aurora. Log in to Aurora, select “Enrolment and Academic Records,” select “Declarations,” and follow the instructions.  If your desired graduation term is not listed on your Aurora account or you have missed the deadline, contact your advisor as soon as possible.

Graduate (diploma, master and PhD program) students are not able to declare their intent to graduate through Aurora. The faculty of graduate studies will determine when students have completed their requirements.

The deadline for declaring your intention to graduate is the voluntary withdrawal date of the term that completes your studies. 

For example:

  • for spring graduation, declare by mid-March
  • for fall graduation, declare by late July/early August
  • for February graduation, declare by mid-November

Settle all outstanding fees

Make sure all library fines, outstanding tuition balances and parking tickets are paid prior to graduation.

If your account is on hold for any reason you can still graduate and participate in convocation. The parchment folder you will be given at the ceremony will contain a congratulatory note and a reminder to pay your account. You can pick up your parchment or it will be mailed to you when your account is settled. 

Send in all transcripts from other institutions

If you have a letter of permission to take courses at another institution you must submit a transcript from that institution to the Registrar's Office no later than Apr. 30 for spring graduation, Sept. 30 for fall graduation, and Jan. 30 for February graduation.

Registrar's Office
Room 400 UMSU University Centre
75A Chancellor’s Circle
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg MB  R3T 2N2 Canada

1-877-474-9420 (toll-free in North America)
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Contact us

If you have questions about graduation or convocation, email us at, call us at 204-474-9420 or 1-877-474-9420 (toll free), or visit 400 UMSU University Centre between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday, Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.