This course is for those involved in developing, understanding or evaluating the implementation of selected advanced technologies into the workplace including artificial intelligence, the internet of things, robotics, machine learning, and enterprise planning systems.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- develop a fundamental understanding of legacy manufacturing materials and management systems, and how they enable or constrain operations and product design
- examine the various applications of Advanced Manufacturing and recognize their value and limitations in addressing real-world problems
- understand key new software tools, such as: The Industrial Internet of Things, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), additive manufacturing, manufacturing applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML)
- analyze deep, enterprise-wide planning necessary to implement Advanced Manufacturing solutions
- assess advanced manufacturing opportunities from the prospective of management, and develop a business case and strategy to support the investment for implementation