Resources for graduate students in Education
The resources below will help graduate students in the Faculty of Education complete their programs with success.
Graduate Studies Approval Forms
Masters of Education (M.Ed.) Approval Forms (date updated)
- M.Ed. Add/Delete Approval (Feb 25/20)
- CTL Language & Literacy Specialization (Feb 3/20)/li>
- CTL Second Language Education Specialization (Jul 6/20)
- CTL Studies in Curriculum, Teaching and Learning Specialization (Jun 8/20)
- EAF&P Adult and Post-Secondary Education Specialization (Jun 8/20)
- EAF&P Educational Administration Specialization (Jun 8/20)
- EAF&P Counselling Psychology Specialization (Jun 8/20)
- EAF&P Guidance & Counselling Specialization (Feb 25/20)
- EAF&P Inclusive Education Specialization (Jun 15/20)
- EAF&P Inclusive Special Education Specialization (Jan. 13/16)
- EAF&P Social Foundations of Education Specialization (Jan. 13/16)
- EAF&P Cross-Cultural, Sociological, and Philosophical Foundations in Education (Jun 8/20)
Doctor of Philosophy in Education (Ph.D.) Approval Forms (date updated)
- Ph.D. Add/Delete Form (Aug 12/20)
- Inclusive Special Education (Dec 04/13)
- Education for Transformative Teaching, Learning & Leading (Dec 04/13)
- Educational Administration (Dec 04/13)
- Language and Literacy (Dec 04/13)
- Mathematics Education (Dec 04/13)
- Science Education (Dec 04/13)
- Ph.D. Ad Hoc (Dec 9/15)
Graduate student re-registration procedures
All students whose programs of study extends over more than one year must re-register for Fall and Winter of each succeeding year of their programs until the degree is obtained. Failure to re-register will result in the termination of the student's graduate status. A student who has been discontinued and would like to be considered for continuation in the degree must re-apply for admission.
The re-registration requirement does not apply to students on an Exceptional or Parental Leave of Absence.
Students on Regular Leave are required to register using the re-registration course numbers for both Fall and Winter terms.
Re-registration entitles students to continuous use of University facilities (e.g., libraries) and to on-going assistance from their program advisor for a 12-month period.
Students are encouraged to re-register early to gain access to preferred courses and to avoid disappointing class cancellations. Classes are subject to cancellation if there is insufficient enrollment.
Part-time/Full-time status (change status)
Graduate students who want to change their status must do so before they register for courses to avoid incorrect fee assessments.
Students can check their status in Aurora Student by selecting “View General Record.”
To change from full-time to part-time status students must complete a Request for part-time status form (see above) and have it authorized by their Department (CTL or EAF&P) for submission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies no later than the end of the registration revision period for each particular term (Fall, Winter or Summer).
When re-registering in a graduate program, students must at a minimum register for:
- Master of Education: GRAD 7020
- Education Ph.D.: GRAD 8020
Registration in the above courses will ensure that students who withdraw from all their program courses still retain student status for Fall, Winter and Summer.
Re-registration and fee deadlines
Students who fail to re-register by the late registration deadline will be discontinued from their program. To resume work on the program at a later date, re-application to the Faculty of Graduate Studies would be required and the program re-assessed in terms of regulations in force at the time of application. The current application fee would apply and if re-admitted, the re-registration continuing fee for each term missed will be assessed at rates in effect at the time of assessment.
To avoid late fees register by the deadline listed in under “Re-Registration Deadline” title in Section 1 of the Graduate Studies Registration Information in the Academic Calendar & Catalog.
For Fee Deadlines for the Fall, Winter and Summer terms see the Cashiers Office web page for dates and payment details.