At the Asper Career Development Centre, we can help you:
- Identify strengths and interests through personalized career counseling services
- Develop career focus through effective planning and labour market research
- Prepare resumes and cover letters
- Take advantage of networking opportunities
- Develop effective interview and job search strategies
- Find ways to gain the experience you need to succeed beyond graduation
Explore our career resources below. Not sure where to start? Contact us -- we’re here to help!
Resources for all Asper students
The Career Development Centre (CDC) at the Asper School of Business provides students and alumni with career management skills needed to confidently embark on career exploration and long term career management. The CDC develops strong relationships with the business community to facilitate connections between students, alumni and employers.
In this section you will find resources applicable to all Asper students, helping you navigate your career exploration, job search, and connecting to the business community.
Career development workshops and events
The Career Development Centre offers workshops and drop in sessions on diverse career development topics, and hosts a myriad of recruitment and development events throughout the academic year:
- Resume writing
- Cover letter writing
- Interview tips
- Canadian workplace culture
- Asper Career Month (January)
- Asper Career Fair (September)
- Employer information and recruitment sessions
See the Asper Career Portal for workshop and event details and registration.
Career exploration and mentorship
- Visit University of Manitoba Career Service's Explore Careers page
- Asper School of Business Employment Report
- TypeFocus (online personality and career assessment tool - sign up using the the same email address that you use to access the Asper Career Portal for free access)
- UM Café: Ten Thousand Coffees
Job search tips
- References: make them count (pdf)
- Do your research (pdf)
- Dress for success (coming soon)
- Interview follow up: how to write a thank you email (pdf)
- Sample letter: Apology for missed on campus interview (coming soon)
- Telephone interview tips (pdf)
Build your online presence
Student action groups
Connect with a student action group
Supply Chain and Logistics
Each fall, accounting firms and industry leaders partner with the CDC to recruit Accounting students for full-time, summer, and co-op positions.
Actuarial Recruitment occurs every fall, which includes companies from across Canada and the United States recruiting for Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science Actuarial students for full-time, summer, and co-op positions.
Undergraduate career resources
Resume & cover letter guides
What can I do with different majors?
Book a career counselling appointment
Career Consultants are available for scheduled appointments through the Asper Career Portal.
Graduate career resources
Please see our graduate student page for more resources, including career development resources, mentoring programs, and more.