Search for items
Request for pickup
Pickup locker locations:
Elizabeth Dafoe Library
Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library
You will need your UM ID/student card to retrieve material. The maximum number of requests is limited to 10. We are unable to offer locker pickup for Alumni at this time.
Here's how to request items from the UM collection and retrieve them up at a pickup locker:
- Search to find items in our collections.
- *Be sure you Sign in to get complete results and to request items.
- Click on the title of the desired item.
- Scroll down to Get it.
- Click Request for pickup.
- Choose desired location and click Send Request.
Elizabeth Dafoe Library and Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library Pickup Lockers will appear under Pickup Location.
NOTE: The Neil John Maclean pickup locker is available only by students, faculty, and staff with swipe card access to the Bannatyne campus.
- When your item is ready, you will receive an email detailing how to pick up your book.
- Follow the Library Pickup instructions provided in the email.
For help with this process, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view more detailed information on making requests or picking up requests:
Scan on demand
You may request the Libraries scan the table of contents or a portion of a book or other publication that UML owns.
- Search library collection to find desired material.
- Once you have the search results, make sure you Sign in to get complete results and to request items.
- If the desired item does not indicate a digital copy is already available, library staff may scan a portion of the item, within copyright law (generally no more than 10% of a work).
- Click Scan on demand and complete the Request form with details of what the content you would like scanned.
- What portion of the book do you need? Specify the chapter, page range, article, or section needed.
- Check the box to accept the conditions of the request and click Submit.
NOTE: Scanned content and any related communications will be sent to your University of Manitoba email account only.
- Digitization is provided in compliance with copyright law.
- We are unable to scan an entire book; however, we will try to purchase an e-book version if one is available.
- See UM Copyright Guidelines for copyright information.
- 5-7 days for articles or book chapters
- 7-10 days for the purchase of an e-book (see above copyright note)
If you require something that falls outside of these parameters, please contact your subject librarian to see if there is a possible alternative.
Request from another institution
For materials that are not held in the UM Libraries collection, you may request to borrow from another institution using our Document Delivery service.
Recommend a purchase
UM students and faculty may recommend an item for purchase.
Our Liaison Librarians will consider any request which is in support of the teaching, learning and research needs of the University. Fulfillment of requests depend on available budget and whether the item is still in print.
Info for other institutions
The UM Libraries may loan materials from our collection to other institutions that wish to borrow from us.
We accept Generic Script and ISO ILL requests at the below email addresses. If you cannot send either Generic Script or ISO Messages, please use our Institution Request Form.
In order to use the form, your Institution will require a User ID and Password. Please contact us to obtain your institution User ID and Password.
|Message Format and Address||Library||Type of material|
|Elizabeth Dafoe Library||All subject areas|
|ISO, email@example.com||Elizabeth Dafoe Library||All subject areas|
|WRHA Virtual Library||All subject areas|
|ISO, firstname.lastname@example.org||WRHA Virtual Library||All subject areas|
Note: We do not lend directly to patrons of other institutions. Contact library staff of your institution to request items from the University of Manitoba.