Search for items
Request hold locker pickup
Physical items from the UM Libraries can be requested online for delivery to you at a hold locker.
Hold locker locations:
Elizabeth Dafoe Library
|Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library
Outside library entrance, 2nd floor
727 McDermot Avenue
5:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You will need your UM ID card to retrieve material. The maximum number of hold requests is limited to 10. We are unable to offer hold locker pickup for Alumni at this time.
Here's how to request items from the UM collection and pick them up at a hold locker:
- Use Library Search to find items in our collections.
- *Be sure you Sign in to get complete results and to request items.
- Click on the title of the desired item.
- Scroll down to Get it.
- Click Request (refer to Screenshot 1).
NOTE: Use the Request from another library option only when the item is not available at UM Libraries.
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library Hold Locker and Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library will appear under Pickup Location.
NOTE: The Neil John Maclean hold locker is available only by students, faculty, and staff with swipe card access to the Bannatyne campus.
- Choose desired location and click Send Request (refer to Screenshot 2).
- When your item(s) is/are ready, you will receive an email detailing how to pick up your book.
- Please follow the Hold Locker process provided in the email.
- For help with this process, send email to email@example.com or view more detailed information on Hold Lockers.
Screenshot 1 - Request
Screenshot 2 - Choose location and send request
Request from another institution
UM students, faculty, and staff may request materials from other institutions.
Recommend a purchase
UM students and faculty may recommend an item for purchase.
Our Liaison Librarians will consider any request which is in support of the teaching, learning and research needs of the University. Fulfillment of requests depend on available budget and whether the item is still in print.
Info for other institutions
The UM Libraries may loan materials from our collection to other institutions that wish to borrow from us.
We accept Generic Script and ISO ILL requests at the below email addresses. If you cannot send either Generic Script or ISO Messages, please use our Institution Request Form.
In order to use the form, your Institution will require a User ID and Password. Please contact us to obtain your institution User ID and Password.
|Message Format and Address||Library||Type of material|
|Elizabeth Dafoe Library||All subject areas|
|ISO, firstname.lastname@example.org||Elizabeth Dafoe Library||All subject areas|
|WRHA Virtual Library||All subject areas|
|ISO, email@example.com||WRHA Virtual Library||All subject areas|
Note: We do not lend directly to patrons of other institutions. Contact library staff of your institution to request items from the University of Manitoba.