All payments must be made to The University of Manitoba English Language Centre and received before the posted deadlines.
Payments can be made by:
GlobalPay by Western Union
For payments originating from outside of Canada.
The preferred method of remitting payment to the University of Manitoba from outside of Canada is via GlobalPay by Western Union.
This payment option allows you to pay your student fees in the currency of your choice, which will then be converted to Canadian dollars with no additional transaction charges from Western Union or the University of Manitoba.
Payments will be electronically transmitted to the University of Manitoba typically within 2-5 business days from the time you initiate payment and will be posted to your student or Homestay account.
Note: A transaction fee may be charged by your bank and exchange rates are valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated.
PayMyTuition offers the following benefits for International Students:
- Tuition and fees can be funded in the student’s local currency in 100+ currencies from anywhere in the world.
- Students receive the best exchange rate (a best rate guarantee is provided by PayMyTuition)
- Payments can be initiated, funded and tracked online by students.
- Funds are received within 24-72 hours of sent payments.
- Offers an easy-to-use, secure online platform, available anytime.
- Multi-lingual customer service support is provided for students and parents 24/7.
You may now pay online using Visa or Mastercard for:
- Intensive Academic English Program (IAEP) tuition
- Part-Time Academic English Program course fees
- CanTEST fees
- Homestay fees
Note that credit cards often have limits on transactions. Be aware that your payment may be delayed or unsuccessful because of this limit, we recommend that you check with your bank first.
Due to COVID-19, the ELC will not be accepting payments in person until further notice.
Web payment through Canadian banks
If you have a Canadian bank account you can pay for your student fees directly to your student account.
You must set up the University of Manitoba as a payee and use your student number as the account number.
Please contact your bank for more details.
The ELC accepts cheque payments by mail.
All cheques must be made payable to the University of Manitoba.
Due to COVID-19, the ELC will not be accepting cheques until further notice.
English Language Centre
520 University Centre
65 Chancellors Circle
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry campus)
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2