Asper graduate student career management
The Career Development Centre (CDC) at the Asper School of Business provides students and alumni with career management skills needed to confidently embark on career exploration and long term career management. The CDC develops strong relationships with the business community to facilitate connections between students, alumni and employers.
The Asper Career Development Centre assists graduate students and alumni in:
- personalized career counselling services that can help you to identify strengths and interests;
- developing career focus through effective planning and labour market research;
- preparing resumes and cover letters;
- honing your networking skills;
- developing effective interview and job search strategies.
Explore our career resources below. Not sure where to start? Contact us -- we’re here to help!
Earning your graduate degree from the Asper School of Business is a life-changing experience. Whether you are interested in staying on the same career path, seeking to make a career shift or are looking for something completely new, career management will be a key component to long-term success!
Each year, the Asper Career Development Centre offers three Career Development Seminars. Seminar content includes:
- Resume and cover letter development
- Interview preparation (including mini mock interview opportunities with Winnipeg business professionals)
- Using social media for career enhancement
- Networking and business communications
- Job search strategies and career management
Set your career on the right track by attending workshops, panel discussions and events attended by senior business professionals. Browse the event calendar and register on the Asper Career Portal.
For events and resources available to all Asper students, including career fairs and recruitment events, see the Career Development Centre Online Resources.
Online career resources
Resume and cover letter guides
Beyond B-School is a continually evolving set of videos and tip sheets highlighting key topics and trends in career management, led by career experts with a wide variety of subject matter expertise. It is accessible through the Asper Career Portal.
The Asper Career Portal is our online tool linking you to job postings, events, information sessions, and resources. Businesses have direct access to create their own postings and events, so check back often.
The following are also available by logging into the Career Portal:
- Career Leader online self-assessment (MBA)
- TypeFocus career aptitude self-assessment (MFin, MSCM)
Asper mentor programs
We offer the following mentor programs:
- Asper MBA Executive Mentor Program
- Asper MFin Mentor Program
- Asper MSCM Mentor Program (coming soon)
Please see our Asper mentor programs for graduate students page for information for both students and mentors.