1. How do I book a climbing party? All climbing parties must be booked on the form found here.
2. When can I book a climbing party? We accept booking requests for climbing parties from September to April on Saturdays and Sundays only. Bookings are accepted on a first come first serve basis and are based on wall availability.
3. How much do climbing parties cost? $275 per party, up to 20 children $20/each additional child
4. Do you require a deposit? No, we do not require a deposit to book your party.
5. When is payment due? Full payment is due on the day of your party. Payment can be made at the customer service desk in the Active Living Centre.
6. Is there a minimum or maximum number of climbers required for a party? We recommend a minimum of 10 climbers and maximum of 30 children.
7. What age do you need to be to be able to climb? We recommend that children be at least 7 years old in order to be able to successfully climb our wall. All climbers must be at least 22lbs to climb safely.
8. What is your staff to climber ratio? 1 staff: 10 climbers
9. Are waiver forms required for each individual? Yes, all climbers (under the age of 18) must submit a signed waiver form by a legal parent/guardian prior to climbing our wall. Children will not be allowed to climb unless a signed waiver form has been received. Waiver forms will be provided electronically ahead of time to the party organizer to distribute to all of the party guests. Extra copies of the waiver form will be available on the day of the party if needed. Please bring all signed waiver forms with you on the day of your party. A Mini U staff member will be collecting them prior to climbing our wall.
10. How long do the children climb for? How many turns do they get? All climbing parties are scheduled for 90 minutes in the climbing room. The first 5-10 minutes will be spent going over safety rules and outfitting the climbers in their gear. The rest of the time participants are free to climb! Our staff do their best to ensure equal climb time among all climbers.
11. Is there a party room available? A party room may be available for you upon request. If a space is available, this will be at no cost to you. Please indicate your request for a party room in the initial email. When available, the party room will be added to your booking. You are responsible for supplying any food, beverages and paper goods. Please leave the room in the condition in which it was found. The room will remain locked. However, the University is a public space and as such Mini U Programs is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
12. Where do we park on the day of the party? Parking is free on campus on weekdays after 4:30p.m. and on weekends in any of the student/staff lots. Be sure to watch out for 24 hour reserved spots. For your convenience, here is a link to the University of Manitoba’s parking map. We recommend parking in either ALC or U lot. http://umanitoba.ca/maps/
13. Where do we meet on the day of the party? Please meet our designated Mini U staff member at the customer service desk in the Active Living Centre located at 430 University Crescent. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to your party’s start time.
14. Do the children need to bring indoor running shoes? Yes, please ensure all children bring along a pair of indoor running shoes. Climbing shoes may be available at no charge to you. Sizes and quantity vary and are not guaranteed.