Our partners and affiliates include (but not limited to):
Research and scholarly activity
Research and innovation
In 2019 The Winnipeg Foundation committed $1 million to give health sciences researchers at UM the opportunity to work on innovative interdisciplinary research and develop projects to the point of qualifying for additional external funding. Learn more about this fund and how to apply.
Canada Research Chairs in the Rady Faculty
The Canada Research Chairs Program was established by the Government of Canada to attract and retain some of the world's most accomplished and promising minds.
Areas of expertise
Researchers in our health-focused member colleges are individually recognized as experts in their field, leading discovery in a broad range of interests that have an impact that can be seen everywhere in our daily lives.
The Rady Faculty is committed to funding and supporting research. The resources below will connect you with people, spaces, equipment, opportunities and policy or guideline-related information — all in effort to enhance your journey to discovery.
Research in our colleges
Learn more about our college-level research priorities and see where our research is leading.
Partners and affiliates
Researchers across the Rady Faculty have a relationship with various partners, research affiliates, and centers and institutes vital to our research endeavours.
Research Framework and strategy
We have established a Research Advisory Committee to advise on issues relating to research within the Rady Faculty.
The Research Advisory Committee (RAC)
The Research Advisory Committee (RAC) is a standing committee of the Vice-Provost, Rady Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. The Committee’s purpose is to advise the Vice-Provost on issues relating to research within the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. Specifically this includes:
- Developing, implementing and reviewing research policies within the Faculty, and advising on external research policy
- Proposing mechanisms to enhance research funding
- Designing strategies to enhance overall research education and capacity
- Designing strategies to facilitate and augment research collaborations within the Faculty, as well as other Faculties or other external institutions
- Assign individuals to subcommittees or working groups to evaluate and prioritize research proposals as required
- Regular reporting on its activities and providing recommendations for approval to appropriate bodies as required
- To communicate research activities/strategies/areas of focus/opportunities amongst the Colleges of the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
Chair, executive, and general committee membership
The Chair of the Committee shall be the Vice-Dean Research, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. The Executive of the Committee shall consist of the Chair and the:
- Research Lead, Dr. Gerald Niznick College of Dentistry
- Research Lead, Max Rady College of Medicine
- Research Lead, College of Nursing
- Research Lead, College of Pharmacy
- Research Lead, College of Rehabilitation Sciences
- Representative Chair from the Basic Science Departments, Max Rady College of Medicine
- Chair, Department of Community Health Sciences, Max Rady College of Medicine
The General Membership of the Committee shall consist of the Executive and the:
- Graduate Studies Leads of the Colleges, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Chairs of Departments or delegates from all Colleges in the Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
- Directors of the three faculty-wide Core Research Platforms, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences [i.e., MCHP, CHI, Central Animal Services]
- Research Lead, Indigenous Health Institute, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences
You may also be looking for
Vice-dean research Contact us
Office of the Vice-Dean Research
A203 Chown Building
University of Manitoba, Bannatyne campus
Winnipeg, MB R3E 0T6 Canada