The Gimli Icelandic Canadian Society offers a single scholarship of $500 to graduates of Gimli High School who are registered in a course in the Department of Icelandic Language and Literature.
The annual closing date for scholarship applications will be September 30 of each year.
The recipient must:
- Be a graduate of the Gimli High School.
- Use the scholarship toward tuition for a course offered through the Department of Icelandic and Literature at the University of Manitoba.
Please include the following with your application:
- Proof of registration in a course in the Department of Icelandic Language & Literature.
- An accompanying letter detailing your interest in your Icelandic heritage.
- List of two persons to contact for references.
Letter of application is to be sent to the Scholarship Committee at the following address:
Gimli Icelandic Canadian Society
Gimli, MB R0C 1B0
In the event of two or more students applying for the scholarship in one year the applicant’s contribution to the Icelandic-Canadian cultural community may be used to assess the most worthy recipient (e.g. member of GICS, assisting or participating in GICS events, Icelandic Camp, Snorri or Snorri West Program, working or volunteering at NIHM or Icelandic Festival, publishing in Icelandic Connection magazine, Lögberg-Heimskringla, etc.). More than one scholarship may be granted in a year at the discretion of GICS.