- B.Env.D. (University of Manitoba)
- MID (University of Manitoba)
- IDEC (Interior Design Educators Council)
- PIDIM – Provisional (Professional Interior Designers Institute of Manitoba)
Jason Shields is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Interior Design at the University of Manitoba. In 2018, Jason was selected by Interior Design Canada’s PROpel program as one of the 20 top emerging design professionals in Canada. His previous work experience in the professional industry has allowed him to take a multi-faceted approach to research and design. His work explores the relationship between architecture, technology, and the built environment. Current research examines the role of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) in Interior Design and the impacts on archivism in contemporary BIM modeling frameworks. Jason currently teaches undergraduate and graduate interior design studio courses that require the design of contemporary typologies & architectural installations. Recent studios include the design of a Supportive Housing Unit and Media Arts Centre. Outside of the realm of design, Jason’s passions include music production, photography, videography, digital archivism, and travel.
- 2020 – IDEC Innovative Teaching Ideas (peer-reviewed process)
- 2020 – IDEC - Media Arts Centre Design