City of Winnipeg
Adjunct Professor, Department of City Planning
- M.C.P., University of Manitoba
- Geographic Information Systems Application Specialist Diploma, Sir Sandford Fleming College
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, Ryerson Polytechnic University
- B.A. (Geography), University of Manitoba
- Canadian Institute of Planners
James Platt (RPP, MCIP) is a Senior Planner with the City of Winnipeg. Prior to joining the City of Winnipeg in 2013, James served as the Regional Manager of the Province’s Community and Regional Planning office in Portage la Prairie. In a previous life, James worked as a GIS application developer creating applications for various clients throughout North and South America and Europe. James experience as both a planner and GIS application developer provide him with a unique insight into how municipalities can use GIS-related spatial technologies for planning and administration activities. James’ research interests focus on the development of GIS methodologies related to understanding urban environment.