Tuition and fee estimates
Use the tuition fee estimates below to help plan your university budget.
Estimating your university costs for one year of study
Table 1 shows the tuition and other costs for one year of study in University 1.
Your costs will vary based on your program of choice. If you are enrolled in a program other than University 1, find the estimated tuition for your program in Table 2 and insert it into Table 1.
The annual fees shown for the health and dental plan, sport and recreation fee, and U-Pass are standard for all undergraduate students.
Be sure also to include your non-university living costs (both fixed and variable) in your overall yearly budget.
|Fee||Estimated cost for
Canadian/permanent resident student
|Estimated cost for
(See Table 2 for other tuition estimates)
|Textbooks and supplies
(Based on U1 courses)
|Health and dental plan||$380||$1,410|
|Sport and recreation fee||$195||$195|
Fees are estimated. For complete details visit Undergraduate tuition and fees.
Estimated tuition amounts for undergraduate programs
The following table shows the approximate tuition fees for a University of Manitoba student taking a full course load in an undergraduate program during the Fall and Winter terms.
Your specific tuition fees will be dependent on your number of course credit hours and which faculty or school offers those specific courses.
You can use these figures to estimate your total university costs in Table 1.
|Approximate tuition for Canadian/
|Approximate tuition for international student|
|University 1 (Based on a combination
of Arts and Science courses)
|Agriculture - diploma||$5,700||$19,300|
|Architecture (Environmental Design)||$6,300||$21,000|
|School of Art||$7,200||$25,300|
|School of Art - diploma||$6,700||$23,300|
|Dental Hygiene||$13,900||Not eligible|
|Environment, Earth, and Resources||$5,800||$20,100|
|Kinesiology and Recreation Management||$6,400||$22,600|
|Rehabilitation Sciences||$7,100||Not eligible|
Notes on the tables
- Fees and costs are estimated. Your actual cost of attending university will depend on many factors in addition to the program of your choice. For complete fee details visit Undergraduate tuition and fees.
- Tuition fees include your student organization fee and endowment fee.
- Fees are for an eight-month period.
- Textbook and supplies estimates do not include musical instruments for Music students or dental hygiene kits for Dental Hygiene students.
- Students residing outside of the Winnipeg city limits may opt out of the U-Pass.
- Students who have health insurance from another medical plan may opt out of the University of Manitoba Students' Union (UMSU) health plan.
- All fees are in Canadian dollars.
Fees are approved annually by The University of Manitoba Board of Governors. In the event of a discrepancy between the fee rates approved by the Board and those published on this website, the fee rates approved by the Board will prevail. Students will be notified of any corrections that result in a re-assessment of their student account.