Welcome to University 1 – one of your options for direct-entry admission at the University of Manitoba.
Choose University 1 if:
- You are interested in a program that requires one or more year(s) of prior university study
- You are undecided about which program you want to study
- You do not meet the admission requirements for another program with a direct-entry option
- You would like guidance from academic advisors who specialize in the transition from high school to university
University 1: What you should know
- In University 1, you can design a schedule that meets the admission or first- year requirements for one or more target degree programs. You can study multiple subject areas, or focus on a specific path.
- If you are not yet sure which path is right for you, University 1 lets you explore a variety of subject areas. All of the courses you take in U1 can become part of your degree program.
- After you finish University 1 (by completing 24 – 30 credit hours) you can apply or transit to another undergraduate faculty at the University of Manitoba. This is considered advanced entry to a faculty or program.
- University 1 students have access to the First Year Centre – our UM resource centre dedicated entirely to helping you, the first year student.
First year student experience
Your first year of university is about finding your way, making good choices and developing good habits.
Read our First year students page for a summary of what to accomplish before the term starts and to understand the resources available to you after school is underway.
A course to help you succeed
News and eventsView more news and stories
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Program applications now open
Discover your future in the health care industry
Message from Laurie M. Schnarr, Vice-Provost (Students) – January 14