Welcome to University 1 – one of your options for direct-entry admission at the University of Manitoba.
If you experience any difficulties, or make an error when declaring your final grade selection, please be sure to email: firstname.lastname@example.org from your @myumanitoba.ca email account.
Be sure to include:
• Student Number
• Student Name
• Course Info – Course title, section, CRN (eg, ECON 1010 A04 56432)
Select one of these choices:
• I want to keep my original grade and include it in my CGPA
• I want to keep my original grade, but exclude it from my CGPA
• I want to VW from the course
• I want to change my grade to P*
Please do not send the same request to more than one UM staff member, or contact the Registrar’s Office directly. This may result in a delay to the processing of the change that you have requested.
Choose University 1 if:
- You are interested in a program that requires one or more year(s) of prior university study
- You are undecided about which program you want to study
- You do not meet the admission requirements for another program with a direct-entry option
- You would like guidance from academic advisors who specialize in the transition from high school to university
University 1: What you should know
- In University 1, you can design a schedule that meets the admission or first- year requirements for one or more target degree programs. You can study multiple subject areas, or focus on a specific path.
- If you are not yet sure which path is right for you, University 1 lets you explore a variety of subject areas. All of the courses you take in U1 can become part of your degree program.
- After you finish University 1 (by completing 24 – 30 credit hours) you can apply or transit to another undergraduate faculty at the University of Manitoba. This is considered advanced entry to a faculty or program.
- University 1 students have access to the First Year Centre – our UM resource centre dedicated entirely to helping you, the first year student.
First year student experience
Your first year of university is about finding your way, making good choices and developing good habits.
Read our First year students page for a summary of what to accomplish before the term starts and to understand the resources available to you after school is underway.
A course to help you succeed
News and eventsView more news and stories
Meet the 2020 Emerging Leaders – Part 2
Become a UM Ambassador with Student Recruitment
Hire a Student with Work-Study
Upcoming eventsView more events
Shastri Programme Development Grant (SPDG)
Shastri Research Grants (SRG)
Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant (SICRG)
First Year Centre
205 Tier Building
University of Manitoba (Fort Garry Campus)
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada