In the First Year Centre, we are working hard to provide support to every new UM student, regardless of faculty or program of study. We are not currently offering in-person advising, but we do provide online appointments through Microsoft Teams, which all University of Manitoba students have free access to.
If you have questions or concerns that you would like to discuss with an academic advisor in the First Year Centre, please take the following steps:
1. Review our resources on selecting courses and resolving registration issues
For all students:
- Check askumanitoba, which has answers to the most frequently asked student questions. If you receive an error message on Aurora when attempting to register for courses, please review Registration Errors. This website explains the error messages you may be receiving and includes advice on how to resolve registration issues.
For new students:
- If you haven’t done so already, watch a video replay of one of our Get Ready to Register sessions which will show you how to use the First Year Planning Guide to select and register for your first-year courses.
- View the ‘How to Register Using Aurora’ video which provides you with step by step instructions on how to create a timetable, register and waitlist for classes.
- We also have a recording of our Get Ready to Register session on timetabling and registration which is available for students to view.
For returning students:
- Run a degree audit on UM Achieve. A degree audit will show how courses you’ve already completed fulfill requirements for your chosen degree, as well as which courses you’ll need to take in the future.
- Degree audits can be complex, so after you review your audit, we recommend that you book an appointment with an academic advisor in your target faculty. They can answer any questions you may have and provide more information about your chosen degree.
2. After reviewing the above resources, connect with the First Year Centre
To book an appointment with an academic advisor in the First Year Centre, please:
Phone us at 1-204-474-6209 during our office hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30-4:30 pm CDT/CST), OR log onto your UM student email account (@myumanitoba.ca) and email email@example.com with the following information:
- Your last name and first name:
- 7-digit student number:
- Your target faculty, degree, or program:
- Specific questions you would like to discuss with an advisor:
- A phone number you can be reached at during the day:
- A completed course planning sheet for Fall-Winter or Summer
Please note that all our appointments take place online through Microsoft Teams, which all University of Manitoba students have free access to.
If you are not currently a University of Manitoba student and do not have access to Microsoft Teams, please let us know when you are booking your appointment.
3. If you have e-mailed us, please exercise patience while you wait for a response
With about 5000 new UM students and our new remote reality, we are doing our best to review and prioritize student questions and concerns, but emails are generally answered in the order that they are received.
Please do not resend the same email multiple times or send the same email to multiple offices on campus. These actions make it challenging for us to keep track of your correspondence and will delay the time it take us to respond to your questions.
Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding, we look forward to connecting with you!