Become A Member
St. John's College welcomes all students from every corner of the University of Manitoba. No matter your faculty or field of study, here's a place that welcomes you with open arms, celebrating community, awarding scholarships and bursaries, and is your home away from home.
St John’s College is a small college situated on the north perimeter of the University of Manitoba’s Fort Garry campus.
We at St John's College focus on fostering a community among our students, offering a number of added services to enhance their education at the University of Manitoba.
St John’s College is governed by its own Council and Assembly, but in all academic matters other than the Theology program, the College is subject to the regulations of the Senate of the University of Manitoba.
Benefits of Membership
- Participation in the academic community of one of the oldest educational institutions in Western Canada
- The opportunity to meet other students in a smaller community within the larger campus
- Eligibility for College scholarships, bursaries, prizes and awards
- Academic advising and registration assistance, on request, from the Registrar
- Access to a computer lab, lockers and study facilities (including study carrels)
- The opportunity to participate in intramural sports and social events
- Access to a Chapel community
- 10 per cent Discount on all purchases in the Daily Bread Café and Soup4U
- The opportunity to live in the College’s residence
How to Become a Member
- Go to http://www.umanitoba.ca/ and select "Aurora Student".
- Select "Enter Secure Area"
- Enter your student number and PIN
- Select "Login"
- Select "Enrolment and Academic Records"
- Select "Declarations"
- Select "Declare College Membership"
- Click the "Add" button to add new membership
Once you've registered as a member, a membership fee will be added to your tuition fees. You should reassess your fees to find out how much you owe. The fee must be paid to the Cashier’s Office in University Centre by the tuition fee deadline (it cannot be paid directly to the College). In the Fall and Winter Terms, students enrolled in nine or more credit hours in a term will be charged $10 for that term. Students enrolled in eight or fewer credit hours in a term will be charged $5 for that term.
After you have registered as a member, bring your student card to the General Office to get your annual membership sticker. You can use the sticker to get a 10 per cent discount at the Daily Bread Café and Soup4U, and to use empty classrooms in the College.
For more information, or to report problems with your membership fees, please contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.