UM Libraries is pleased to offer UM alumni services and access to collections.
What you can do
Get your free library card
You will need your Alumni number to claim your free library card. Contact Alumni Relations to obtain your Alumni number.
Alumni who graduated after December 31, 2014
Login to SignUM using your UMnetID:
Allow up to 24 hours for account to activate.
NOTE: If your claimed your account through SignUM, you will use your UM ID card as your Alumni card and your UM email address will stay active indefinitely.
Alumni who graduated prior to 2015
My library account
Access electronic resources
Alumni may access all electronic resources while on campus or visiting a UM library.
- Your 14-Digit Library ID and password will be requested for authentication.
A smaller number of electronic resources are available from off-campus, due to license agreements.
- Check the Alumni Databases A-Z list for databases accessible off-campus or remotely, such as from home.
- All electronic resources are to be used for research, study and teaching and not for commercial purposes.
Borrow library materials
Print, scan, photocopy
Printing and scanning is available in all open libraries.
Photocopying is available in:
- Eckhardt Gramatté Music Library
- Elizabeth Dafoe Library
- Neil John Maclean Health Sciences Library
Library printing and photocopying requires you register for a Library Print account at any library service desk.