If you have a lost or stolen device, immediately change your university password and contact the IST Service Desk at 204-474-8600 or chat for further assistance. Please have the following information available:
- The Make, Model and Serial Number (if known) of the device.
- The location where the device was last seen and used.
To protect yourself, you should also:
- Change all your passwords stored or used on the device, including alternate University computer accounts, Personal Email, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Banking, PayPal, Amazon, iTunes, etc.
- Contact your cellular carrier to report lost or stolen personal mobile devices to cancel your service.
- Notify your credit card companies and banks if you use the device for shopping or banking. They can monitor your accounts for abnormal activity.
- If you have Find My iPhone or a similar tracking application enabled on the device, try to track its location and report any activity to Police or Security Services.
The thief might wipe the device for resale if the device was stolen.