Cardiology & Electrophysiological Technologists
Learn about this occupation – including typical duties, education required, salary and job outlook information, job boards and more.
Cardiology technologists operate electrocardiogram equipment and use medical imaging technologies to record cardiac activity of patients to aid in the diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of heart disease. Electrophysiological diagnostic technologists operate electroencephalographic, electromyographic and other electrophysiological diagnostic equipment to assist physicians in diagnosing diseases, injuries and abnormalities. Cardiology and electrophysiological technologists are employed in clinics, hospitals and medical laboratories. (National Occupational Classification)
Find detailed information about the occupation, including typical duties and working conditions, in the links below:
- National Occupational Classification (NOC) - Canadian occupational description
- OCCinfo by alis - Alberta-based occupational information
- OCCinfo by alis - Cardiology Technologist
- OCCinfo by alis - Electroneurophysiology (ENP) Technologist
- O*NET Online - U.S. resource for occupational descriptions and information
- O*NET Online - Cardiology Technologist
- O*NET Online - Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Sokanu (U.S.) - occupational profile & videos ('Further Resources' section)
- Sokan - Cardiology Technologist
- Sokan - Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Neurodiagnostic Technologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- A Day in the Life of a Cardio Tech - Stenberg College
- Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals - Career Profiles: Cardiology Technologist
- Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals - Career Profiles: EEG Technologist at Children's Hospital
- Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals - Career Profiles: Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals - Career Profiles: Polysomnography Technologist
The University of Manitoba does not offer any specialized educational programs leading to a career as a Cardiology, Neurodiagnostic or Electrophysiological Technologist . However, students may complete pre-requisite courses for diploma programs at the university. Please view the links below for more information about training programs in North America.
If you are a University of Manitoba student who would like assistance determining an education plan that suits your unique occupational goals, speak with a Career Consultant.
Exploring Other Education Options
- Cardiology Technology Programs - Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists
- Electroencephalograph (EEG) Training Program Requirements and Eligibility - Canadian Board of Registration of Electroencephalograph Technologists
- Electroneurophysiology Technology Diploma - British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Neurodiagnostic Programs in the U.S. - The Neurodiagnostic Society
- Search Education Directories
Labour market information
Labour market information informs users of supply and demand for specific occupations and sectors. It includes such things as salary and job outlook information. These resources support informed career decision making and job search efforts.
- Canada Job Bank - Trend Analysis: Job Market Report (Winnipeg Region)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Job outlook for the U.S.
- Collective Agreements (see Schedule A: Pay Scales) - Manitoba Association of Health Care Professionals
Professional associations may organize events and provide directories, job postings, career and labour market information. Student membership opportunities may also be available: engage, learn and network!
- Canadian Association of Electroneurophysiology Technologists
- Association of Electromyography Technologists of Canada (AETC)
- Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CAST)
- Manitoba Association of Cardiology Technologists
- The Neurodiagnostic Society (ASET) - U.S.
- American Board of Registered Electroencephalographic Technologists
Directories, Industry Associations, and Sector Councils
These resources provide industry news, labour market information and a list of potential employers. Remember, there are usually multiple industries worth exploring.
- Regional Health Authorities - Province of Manitoba
- Health Regions in Canada - listings and maps from Statistics Canada
Search occupations of interest in the industry-specific job boards below to learn about skill requirements, employers, job duties and available jobs. You may also wish to search more general online job boards.
- Winnipeg Regional Health Authority - Search other RHA job boards in Manitoba
- CSCT Job Board
- AETC Job Board
- ASET Career Centre (U.S)