Why this program?
As companies seek to gain a competitive edge in today's changing business environment, they are looking to coaching tools to help leaders be more adaptable, effective and succeed in achieving their goals. Adopting a coaching mindset can facilitate stronger relationships and create teams that feel more engaged, empowered and inspired to forward action.
You will learn how coaching can be applied as a powerful leadership tool – and bring back the skills to apply the coach-approach in your workplace immediately. This development program focuses on enhancing the coaching, communication and feedback, and change leadership skills with people at all levels. These are the skills used in everyday communications with staff, colleagues, customers, and any personal communication.
Through this program, you will:
- Discover coaching as a learning tool to facilitate thinking, creativity and problem solving
- Develop a coaching mindset
- Distinguish between coaching for “development” and managing for “performance”
- Build trusting relationships
- Create the conditions for coaching
- Develop foundational coaching skills (Intentional Listening and Questioning)
- Learn and apply the 5-Step GUIDE Coaching® Model
- Develop enhanced feedback skills (Intentional Language, Developmental Feedback and Acknowledging Feedback)
- Apply the DIRECT Feedback™ Model (Performance Feedback)
- Gain awareness of workplace styles
- Apply the coach-approach to managing change and transition in the workplace
Who should attend?
Managers or executives who are in a leadership position and want to bring coaching as an effective developmental tool into their workplace.
Shana Ring, President, Destination Leadership,
Founder of Developing a Coaching Mindset in the Workplace
Shana is the President of Destination Leadership and founder of Developing a Coaching Mindset in the Workplace – a leadership program focused on enhancing coaching, communication and change skills of leaders at all levels in today’s workplace.
Prior to starting her business in 2007, she spent over 13 years in SaskPower successfully designing and leading leadership development initiatives. Shana is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Navigate through the tabs below for more information on each session and to register.
Fall 2021 session
Do you have 10 or more team members who would benefit from taking this program? Many of our open enrolment programs can be customized for your team and delivered exclusively to your organization. Find out more about our custom programs by contacting us today at 204-946-0232 or via email at ExecEdInfo@umanitoba.ca.