Do you have 10 or more team members who would benefit from taking this program? Many of our open enrolment programs can be customized for your team and delivered exclusively to your organization. Find out more about our custom programs by contacting us today at 204-946-0232 or via email at ExecEdInfo@umanitoba.ca.
Why this program?
You will fast-track your leadership and strategy skills in 10 days! The intensive nature of this program invites you to take a step back from your daily responsibilities in order to focus completely on all aspects of management and leadership. Along the way you'll have plenty of opportunities to network closely with your fellow participants to solidify new business relationships and create opportunities.
Through this program, you will:
- Become a more effective strategic leader, building on the knowledge and concepts of the program
- Contribute to your organization's strategic direction through enhanced strategic thinking
- Introduce best practices through your new network of colleagues and concepts learned in the program
- Network with and garner best practices from experienced professionals across many different industries and sectors
- Receive a formal customized Leadership Practices Inventory assessment
- Earn credit towards an Asper MBA
Who should attend?
The program is ideal for managers who want to refine their strategic skills or fast-track their leadership strengths. If you are facing any of the following situations, this program might be perfect for you:
- Entering a new role
- Gaining new or increased responsibilities
- Company restructuring
- Seeing new ideas or trends you would like to implement in your organization
- Looking to develop new leadership strategies
- Succession planning
- Strategic planning
- Team building
What to expect
Below you will find information on what you can expect from this program and the commitment needed from participants to ensure they receive an exceptional learning experience and get the maximum benefit from taking this program.
Participants must complete each of the program’s 10 days and meet the following criteria to receive the University of Manitoba certificate of completion for this program and the qualifying credits towards an Asper MBA.
- 100% attendance*.
- Active group participation via breakout sessions throughout the program.
- Individual contribution in the development of the final group presentation as well as an active participant in the group presentations on the final day.
*In emergency situations, a participant may be excused from class and still be eligible for their certificate. However, prior approval must be received from the Executive Director and the absence cannot exceed the equivalent of 1 training day. Requests to miss class will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Time commitment outside of classroom
To ensure participants are able to maximize their in-class experience, participants can expect the following time commitments outside of the classroom, including:
- Four to six hours to review a pre-read package which is provided to all participants approximately two to four weeks prior to the start of their program.
- One hour to complete a Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI-360).
- For our in-person programs, one evening session (approximately 2 hours) will be scheduled. The date and time of this session is provided to participants when they receive their program package.
Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI-360)
As part of the program, participants are asked to complete a Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI-360). The LPI-360 is a measurement of your leadership behaviour (not your IQ or personality). You will be asked to complete a questionnaire and have at least 6 individuals, including your manager, direct reports, coworkers and potentially others within your organization complete it as well.
Your confidential feedback report will be generated, providing you with a 360-degree view of your leadership behaviours and valuable information on how others perceive you as a leader. After receiving your report, your session instructor will lead you through a process enabling you to develop your personal leadership development plan going forward.
Retreat and virtual sessions
We offer two styles of delivery for this program, including a Retreat and Virtual option.
The Retreat option offers a unique and immersive experiential learning experience. You will begin with one week of virtual learning. You will then reconvene with your program cohort six weeks later in-person for a week-long retreat at Lakeview Gimli Resort* to continue learning and networking.
The Virtual option brings the classroom to you so you can immerse yourself in the learning experience from where ever you call your office. Along with the convenience and flexibility of virtual delivery, this option offers the same learning outcomes as the in-person option and is delivered in 2 and 3 day sessions, minimizing your time away from your work while maximizing your learning opportunities.
* Subject to change based on restrictions due to COVID-19
Fall 2022 session
- Module 1: October 3-7, 2022
- Module 2: October 31-November 4, 2022
- Time: 8:30am-4:30pm (CST)
- James W. Burns Executive Education Centre
* Location is subject to change based on restrictions due to COVID-19
$6,295 +GST which includes:
- All learning materials
- Custom Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) Assessment
- Certificate of completion
- Program is eligible for a credit towards an Asper MBA
Earn MBA Credits
The Asper MBA is a life-changing experience that helps you think differently, increase your earning power, grow as a leader, and realize your career goals.
How it works
Completing the Advanced Program in Management, Leadership and Strategy provides you with an automatic exemption from the Leadership module of the Asper MBA program core when you register for the Asper MBA. That’s 4.5 credit hours toward your MBA degree, before you even start the program!
This exemption applies retroactively to any offering of the Advanced Program in Management, Leadership and Strategy within the last five years.