Applications for undergraduate programs at the University of Manitoba are available online. Be sure to follow the guidelines in the application guide to ensure your application is processed as quickly as possible.
Before you apply
Before you apply, choose an undergraduate program, review the admission requirements and check the application deadlines. If you’re a high school applicant and not ready to select a program, you can apply directly to our University 1 first year program.
Before you begin your online application, make sure you have the following information available:
- Basic biographical information (e.g. address, date of birth)
- Details of your current and prior education, including starting and end dates
- A valid Visa or MasterCard (to pay the application fee online)
All applications have three stages: applying, submitting documentation and accepting an offer.
Step 1: Apply
- Create an application account. You must provide a valid email address to continue.
- Answer all application questions, fully and truthfully.
- Upload documents to the application as required in the applicant information bulletin.
- Submit the application and the application fee.
- If you would like to be considered for more than one program, you must make a separate application and pay a separate application fee for each program, with the exception of University 1. All direct entry applicants will automatically be considered for University 1 if they are not offered admission to their initial program.
All application fees are non-refundable.
- Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada $100
- International $120
You can pay online with a Visa or Mastercard, by cheque or money order (Canadian currency) submitted to the Admissions Office, in person by cash or debit card, through Global Pay, or via PayMyTuition.com.
Both the application form and the application fee must be received in our office by the application deadline date in order to be considered.
Step 2: Submit your documentation
Once you have submitted your application and paid the fee, we will review your application. Within 10 business days of your submission, we will advise if we require additional documents. Check your application portal regularly to see if we have requested additional documentation.
You can upload some documents directly as part of your application; others must be mailed. Please ensure you submit all documentation by the deadline, in the format specified.
Send original documents by registered mail or courier to prevent loss.
Transcripts and other academic documents become university property, and will not be returned.
Step 3: Accept your offer
A decision will be made on all applications that are submitted and paid and applicants will receive an email notification when a decision has been made. You can view the outcome of your application in your application portal. It is recommended that you check this portal frequently throughout the admission process.
To accept or decline the offer of admission, you will need to click on the accept/decline button in your admission offer letter.
Some programs require a non-refundable enrolment deposit to hold a place in the program. Unless otherwise specified, the enrolment deposit is paid online as you accept your admission offer. The enrolment deposit collected will be applied towards tuition for your initial term.
424-UMSU University Centre
65 Chancellors Circle
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2 Canada