St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc.
St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc. is a registered charitable foundation. Our Foundation supports the educational and religious objectives of St. Paul’s College through fundraising activities and the stewardship of investments derived from gifts received from our donors. The gifts received support our students, programs and operations.
About St. Paul's College Foundation Inc.
Our vision is to be a fully-resourced Catholic institution of higher learning in the province of Manitoba with a vibrant community of students, faculty, staff, volunteers and alumni and friends, who are recognized for their service for others, leadership, commitment to academic excellence, and the stewardship of their Jesuit intellectual, spiritual and social traditions in teaching and research, and for their advancement of peace, justice and conflict resolution locally and throughout the world.
As stewards of our Ignatian tradition, our mission is to enrich the University of Manitoba in the search for truth by faith and reason; dedicated to the common good for all. Our ecumenical faculty brings to our community an ethical, philosophical and theological perspective to higher learning, which inter-grates all branches of knowledge in teaching and research with real-life issues. We invite our community to think critically and to discern in an environment that inspires our imagination and engages our spirit.
St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc. supports the educational and religious objectives of St. Paul’s College through fundraising activities and stewardship of donors and investments derived from the gifts we have received.
General Fund The General Fund supports current services such as immediate student aide, Campus Ministry collections, the Winnipeg International Storytelling Festival, building repairs and maintenance, travel learning with the Jesuit Centre for Catholic Studies, Fr. Harold Drake, SJ Library, and field research with Near Eastern Biblical Archaeology Laboratory (NEBAL). Our area of priority is general gifts which provide sustainable funding for day to day operations and support for our student members.
The Endowment Fund Home to a number of sub-funds the Endowment Fund provides support for Jesuit Centre for Catholic Studies, Campus Ministry, the Fr. Harold Drake, SJ Library as well as an academic award portfolio which includes scholarships, bursaries, and prizes for student members. Our funding priorities for the Endowment portfolio are general scholarships, bursaries and most significant sustainable general funds for day to day operations.
Arthur V. Mauro Peace and Justice Fund Provides operational support to the Mauro Centre for its daily activities, the Sol Kanee Lecture and the Aikins Law Lecture series. It is home to Canada’s first PhD in Peace and Conflict Studies and the Joint MA Peace and Conflicts Studies program. Our funding priority is for sustainable operations pertaining to the mission of the Mauro Fund and the promotion of peace and justice.
General Designated Funds
- Academic Awards - Bursaries
- Academic Awards - General
- Academic Awards - Scholarships
- AMC - Special Activities
- AMC - PAC Academic Awards General
- AMC - PAC Bursaries
- AMC - PAC Scholarships
- AMC - Sol Kanee Lecture Series
- AMC - WISF
- Annual Campaign
- Campus Ministry - Development and Peace
- Campus Ministry - General
- Campus Ministry - Special Collections
- Campus Ministry - Mass Collection
- Campus Ministry - Chapel Upgrades
- Campus Ministry - Piano Maintenance
- Campus Ministry - Student Outreach Programs
- Fr. Hanley, SJ Lecture Series
- Fr. Harold Drake, SJ Library
- ICM - Bursary
- ICM - Scholarship
- Jesuit Centre for Catholic Studies Fund
- Nebal - General
- Nebal - Student Support
- Service Learning Fund
- SPC Advancement
- SPC Artwork
- SPC Belltower
- SPC Building Upgrades
- SPC General Fund
- SPCSC Student Initiative Fund
- St. Patrick's Day
- St. Paul's Leadership Fund
- Student Support (External)
- The Dean of Studies Fund
- St. Paul's College Publishing Fund
- Alumni and Friends Paulinian Fund (New Grads)
The Named Endowment Funds
- Archbishop Wall Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Diane Dowling Memorial Scholarship Fund Endowment Fund
- Dr. Adam Giesinger Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Dr. and Mrs. Michael Trainor Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Dr. Oleh W. Gerus and Mrs. Yvonne M. Gerus Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Dr. Y.C. Ma Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Ellen Dryden Finlay Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- General Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Hon. Peter Taraska Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Hon. Philip S. Lee, C. M., O.M. and Family Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Jesuit Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Kenneth H. Kustra, CA Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Larry and Leta Lee Entrance Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Meder Family Scholarship Endowment Fund
- St. Paul's College Alumni & Friends Assoc, Inc. Entrance Scholarship Endow Fund
- Todd Davison Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- William Briskie Memorial Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Wyrzykowski Family Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Rosemarie Schilling Finlay Scholarship Endowment Fund
- The Military & Hospitaller Order of St. Lazarus of Jerusalem Ecumenical Endow Fund
- The Bob and Marnie Puchniak Family Graduate Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Bishop Roussin Bursary Endowment Fund
- Charles, Mary, and Josie Kelly Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Dr. Phillip Clark Bursary Endowment Fund
- General Bursary Endowment Fund
- Hon. Justice Joseph F. O'Sullivan Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- J.D. Donoghue Bursary Award Endowment Fund
- James W. McLachlan Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Jeanne Perreault and Marcel Lemaire Bursary Endowment Fund
- Joe Brain Foundation Inc. Bursary Endowment Fund
- Knights of Columbus Manitoba State Council Bursary Endowment Fund
- Margaret A. Murphy Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Marion Bremner Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Matthew Meder Family Bursary Endowment Fund
- Peter Grigoriev Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Stella English Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Wyrzykowski Family Bursary Endowment Fund
- Emma Shay Memorial Bursary Endowment Fund
- Christopher A. Brock Bursary Endowment Fund
- Mrs. Louise Adams Bursary Endowment Fund
- Brian Patrick O'Connell Memorial Endowment Fund
- Denny - Newman Strong Prize Endowment Fund
- Dr. Karl Schilling Memorial Prize Endowment Fund
- Elizabeth Desmond Prize in Medieval History Endowment Fund
- Martin Kavanagh Memorial Fellowship Endowment Fund
- Mr. and Mrs. P. Burke-Gaffney Memorial Prize Endowment Fund
- Timothy E. Desmond Prize in Church History Endowment Fund
- The John E. Robbie Prize in Computer Science Endowment Fund
- Desmond Book Endowment Fund
- Dr. Paul Forstner Memorial Endowment Fund
- Fr. Harold Drake, SJ Library Memorial Endowment Fund
- Joseph E. Guertin Memorial Endowment Fund
- Fr. J. C. Hanley, SJ Scholars Endowment Fund
- The Rector's Endowment Fund
- The Jack Stachan Finlay Fine Art Collection Endowment Fund
- Audrey M. Hemmons Campus Ministry Endowment Fund
- Jesuit Endowment Fund
- Wyrzykowski Family Ignatian Scholars Endowment Fund
Arthur V. Mauro Peace and Justice Fund
- General Fund
- Common Ground Film Festival Fund
- Chris and Sue Adams Peace and Justice Fund
Each one of us is fortunate to be part of the St. Paul’s College community. We are richly diverse, filled with enthusiasm, and we willingly embrace our spiritual and intellectual growth.
Annually our endowment program funds provide less than $20,000 for operations. This is a heavy burden for our College. Moreover, in spite of our many successes, this affects our student experience; restricting our potential as Manitoba’s only Catholic post-secondary institution.
Our operational funding is dependent upon your response to our annual requests. Our College is in need of sustainable program funding. Are you and your family able to help?
Dr. Arthur V. Mauro Arthur V. Mauro Institute for Peace and Justice
Over its 15 year history, the Arthur V. Mauro Centre for Peace and Justice has greatly expanded its role at St. Paul’s College, the University of Manitoba, and the broader community. Its successes include working with a number of local stakeholders in launching the PhD program in Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Manitoba, the UM-UW Joint-Masters Program in Peace and Conflict Studies, the Winnipeg International Storytelling Festival, the Sol Kanee Lectures, the MLT Aikins University Affiliation Lecture, and a number of other significant programs and activities. In December of 2019, our community will witnessed another evolution, as the Mauro Centre become the Arthur V. Mauro Institute for Peace and Justice at St. Paul’s College. The future vision for the Institute is to invigorate their world-class programs, services, and day to day activities currently being offered including the Sol Kanee Lectures and the Winnipeg International Storytelling Festival. The new visionary for the Mauro Institute includes:
- participation in an International Peace Summit of Leading Figures in Peace and Justice;
- hosting a visiting scholar;
- establishing an on-line Peace Journal;
- providing research grants for the Institutes’ Research Associates
- participating as a partner in a newly launched Reconciliation Certification Program, creating the Mauro Institute Research Associate Council, developing Peace and Justice Networks: Local and Global Influence Work, and working with the University of Manitoba PACS program to establish a Summer Peace Institute.
To make your monthly pledges supporting the Mauro Institute’s good work please visit CanadaHelps.org. To learn how you can provide sustainable funding for the Institute’s premier outreach programs such as the Winnipeg International Storytelling Festival and Sol Kanee Lecture or its overall initiatives and activities please call 204-474-9148.
Throughout the school year students involved in Campus Ministry, volunteer at such agencies as Winnipeg Harvest. These experiences can enhance the formation of a students’ faith and help them explore future employment opportunities. Additionally, through our faith community, we are tending to the structural needs of Christ the King Chapel. Chapel upgrades have included our the refurbishing of our pews, replacing the roof and sixteen skylights, a new sound system, removal of the acoustic sponge panels, and painting of the walls, repairs to the floor grills, the bronze doors and the addition of two new stained glass windows. Most pressing now are the upgrades required for the Sacristy and the repair of the outside ceramic mosaic.
To make your monthly pledges supporting Campus Ministry please use one of the options listed below.
Jesuit Centre for Catholic Studies
The Jesuit Centre for Catholic Studies is the largest program of its kind in Canada. Dr. Daniel MacLeod, the Centre's director, manages the BA minor in Catholic Studies along with several, community and student-related outreach events.
Throughout the year, over 400 students will enroll in the Centre's classes. For those pursuing an Education degree at the University of Manitoba, the BA minor program is an approved teachable subject.
One of the Centre's most popular class is the Travel Studies course. Often, participating students share with us that the experience greatly enhanced their lives. Travel grants for students to register for this unique and highly valuable learning opportunity is one of our top priorities.
To make your monthly pledges supporting the Jesuit Centre's work please visit CanadaHelps.org.
To learn how you can provide sustainable funding for the Jesuit Centre's program or student travel grants please call 204-474-9148.
Near Eastern and Biblical Archaeology Laboratory (NEBAL)
Located in the south wing of our College, the Near Eastern and Biblical Archaeology Laboratory specializes in conducting excellent archaeological research with on-site work and studying collections from Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey and Iraq. The work helps us learn more about the ancient Canaanites, Israelites, and Assyrians.
Each summer a group of students conducts fieldwork in the Middle East. Field studies grants are needed to assist these undergraduate and graduate students to learn, research and experience life in this region of our world.
To make a monthly pledge in support of NEBAL’s work please use one of the options listed below.
Contributions to St. Paul's College can be made online at CanadaHelps.org (St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc.); by contacting our Community Development Office at 204-474-9148 for Visa or Mastercard donations or by mail at St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc., Rm 213 – 70 Dysart Road. Please make your cheques payable to St. Paul’s College Foundation Inc.
Charitable number: 869-129-932 BN 0001