Richardson Centre for Food Technology and Research
What we offer
About the Richardson Centre
The Richardson Centre for Food Technology and Research is a state-of-the-art, 55,000 square foot building located on the University of Manitoba Fort Garry campus.
The Centre connects researchers from the Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences with the food and agriculture value chain by engaging in collaborative research and development activities.
Our Mission is: Advancing food quality and human nutrition through traditional and innovative food processing techniques.
Our Mandate is: Supporting the food and agriculture value chain by engaging in collaborative research and development activities with the food industry and providing the following services:
- Pilot plant scale dry seed milling and fractionation processing of agricultural food products
- Semi-pilot plant scale (>1 L <100 L) development and functional characterization of food ingredients
- Investigating the effects of food products, extracts or specific nutrients on human nutrition and wellness
- Semi-pilot plant scale (>1 kg <100 kg) encapsulation, tabletting and packaging of dry food or plant extracts that enhance human nutrition
- Fostering R&D innovation in food and nutrition through industry-university research partnerships and technical service agreements or contracts.
Who we are
The Centre leases office, laboratory and pilot plant space to organizations aligned with its mission and mandate.
The Richardson Centre for Food Technology and Research has the following rental opportunities:
- Pilot plant space
- Commercial kitchen
- Laboratory space
News and events
RCFTR Newsletter June 2023
Pulse product innovation featured in RCFTR tour with industry
RCFTR name change makes UM Top Research Stories of 2022 Description: New name and mission featured in UM research highlights
Bioenterprise Canada and Richardson Centre for Food Technology and Research sign agreement
Sign up for RCFTR news
Stay current with important news and events from the Richardson Centre for Food Technology and Research. By subscribing to the our distribution list, you are consenting to receive periodic communications from the RCFTR regarding webinars, training opportunities, news and events. Your contact information is never disclosed to third parties and is used solely by RCFTR. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.