1. Apply in-person at any UM Libraries service desk.
Bring a piece of identification that shows you are a Resident of Manitoba, such as a Driver’s License or Manitoba Identification Card.
You can download and fill out the Borrower Registration Form in advance, or fill it out in-person.
Borrower Registration Form
2. You will be issued a 14-digit Library ID and a temporary password.
- Once you are registered, an email containing your account details will be sent to you.
3. Pay the $50.00 yearly Citizen Borrower fee.
- After your application has been processed, you'll need to pay this fee immediately through your new online Library account.
Library privileges must be renewed annually. An email reminder will be sent one month prior to your account’s expiration date.
To renew your account, pay the $50.00 yearly fee online and visit a UM Libraries service desk to resubmit the UM Libraries’ Borrower Registration Form.
Pay fees and fines online