International Student Survey 2023
The University of Manitoba and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) are inviting you to participate in the 2023 International Student Survey! This survey is being conducted at institutions across Canada and gives you the opportunity to provide important feedback and suggestions about your educational experience.
This survey is now open and closes Thursday, November 30, 2023.
- The survey provides a point-in-time picture of international students across the country.
- The longitudinal data collected from the International Student Survey (ISS) informs policy and decision-making at provincial/territorial and federal levels.
- The survey provides Canadian institutions with insight into the perceptions, motivations, plans, and experiences of their own international students.
- The data collected informs a tool for Canadian institutions to measure the progress of their strategic and operational objectives compared to a national standard.
- Given the broad-based nature of participating member institutions representative of the Canadian post-secondary landscape, the ISS yields reliable and valid data across the sector.
The Canadian Bureau of International Education is offering three cash prizes of $1,000. Winners will be randomly selected from the pool of international students who complete the survey. To enter the draw, you must complete the survey, opt into the draw and allow CBIE follow-up if you are randomly chosen as one of the winners.
Survey Terms and Conditions
- This survey will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Your email will be entered into the draw if you complete the survey.
- You can save your progress and exit/return at any time up until the survey closing date.
- By agreeing to continue, you are giving your consent to participate in this research and agree that your anonymized data will be retained by CBIE and may be used in future longitudinal studies.
- You may withdraw from the survey at any time by closing your browser, but data collected up to that point will be retained by CBIE.
- Should you want all your data permanently removed, please send your request to email@example.com before November 30, 2023.
- Your email will remain strictly confidential, and you will only be contacted by CBIE if your email is randomly selected in the draw.
- CBIE will email the draw winners between December 4 and 22, 2023.
If you have any questions or concerns about how this survey is being conducted or if you experience any problems with the survey itself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mental Health Support Services
You will be asked a number of questions regarding your experience as an international student on campus and in the extended community. If at any point during the survey you experience any discomfort, please reach out to the services listed below:
- Student Counselling Services
- Student Services at Bannatyne Campus
- Student Health and Wellness
- Sexual Violence Resource Centre
- Spiritual Services
Other services are also available:
- Empower Me is a confidential mental health and wellness service available 24/7, 365 days a year is covered under the Enhanced Care UMSU Health & Dental Plan.
- Better Help provides online access to professional counsellors.
- The LifeLine App provides direct access to phone, online chat, text, and email crisis support, E-counselling, self-management tools, access to crisis centres across Canada.