International Student Survey 2021
The University of Manitoba and the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is inviting you to participate in the 2021 International Student Survey! This survey is being conducted at institutions across Canada and gives you the opportunity to provide important feedback and suggestions about your educational experience.
This survey is now open and closes Friday, December 10, 2021.
- The survey provides a point-in-time picture of international students across the country.
- The longitudinal data collected from the International Student Survey (ISS) informs policy and decision-making at provincial/territorial and federal levels.
- The survey provides Canadian institutions with insight into the perceptions, motivations, plans, and experiences of their own international students.
- The data collected informs a tool for Canadian institutions to measure the progress of their strategic and operational objectives compared to a national standard.
- Given the broad-based nature of participating member institutions representative of the Canadian post-secondary landscape, the ISS yields reliable and valid data across the sector.
The Canadian Bureau of International Education is offering three cash prizes of $1,000 and four cash prizes of $500. Winners will be randomly selected from the pool of international students who complete the survey. To be eligible you must complete the survey and agree to take part in the draw.
Survey Terms and Conditions
- This survey will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Your name will only be entered into the draw if you complete the entire survey.
- You can save your progress (option located in the top-right corner of your screen) and exit/return at any time.
- By agreeing to continue, you are giving your consent to participate in this research and agree that your anonymized data will be retained by CBIE and may be used in future longitudinal studies.
- You may withdraw from the survey at any time by closing your browser, but data collected up to that point will be retained by CBIE.
- Should you want all your data to be permanently removed, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about how this survey is being conducted or if you experience any problems with the survey itself, please contact email@example.com
Mental Health Support Services
You will be asked a number of questions regarding your experience as an international student on campus and in the extended community. If at any point during the survey you experience any discomfort please do not hesitate to reach out to the services listed below:
- Student Counselling Services
- Student Services at Bannatyne Campus
- Crisis Supports & Services
- Chaplains Associations and Spiritual Services
Other services are also available: