Applying for a U.S. alternative loan

Students should apply online via the loan provider's website (see list below). The lender will contact our office for cost and registration information.

In addition, students must also complete the University of Manitoba U.S. Private Educational Loans application.

Receiving your U.S. alternative loan

All students receive their alternative loan funds by cheque in two equal disbursements (usually in September and January for Fall and Winter terms). Financial Aid & Awards will email students when the cheque is available.