Come explore the Discovery Centre to learn about how food is produced and processed in Canada! Whether you're dropping in for a self guided tour, booking a private tour for your group of friends or family, joining us for an educational program or birthday party, or booking our versatile meeting space, the Farm and Food Discovery Centre welcomes you with open arms and a smile on our faces.
Hours of operation
for pre-bookings only.
Tuesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
We are closed on long weekends and all holidays observed by the University of Manitoba. Upcoming Closures:
- April 15 - 18 for Good Friday & Easter
- May 21 - 23 for Victoria Day
- July 1 - 4 for Canada Day
- July 30 - August 1 for Terry Fox Day
- September 3 - 5 for Labour Day
- September 30 for National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- October 9 - 10 for Thanksgiving
- November 11 for Remembrance Day
Visits must be pre-booked. There are no drop-ins at this time.
Visit our COVID-19 Information page for more details on our safety protocol.
|Drop-in admission||Price (taxes included)|
|Children (0-2 years old)||FREE|
|Youth (3-17 years old)||$5.00|
|Family Rate (1-2 adults, 2-4 youth)||$20.00|
|Add on a dairy barn tour||$2.00 / person|
Guided tours can be added to your admission rate for groups of 15 people or more.
Note, these prices reflect drop-in rates only. Additional rates may apply for specialty tours.
For prices on educational programming, meetings, team building, facility rentals, or birthday parties, follow the links on the right to their webpages.
The Bruce D. Campbell Farm and Food Discovery Centre in enforcing the following safety precautions in accordance with the University of Manitoba's COVID Policy.
- requires masks to be worn by anyone ages 5yrs +,
- requires proof of vaccination for guests ages 12 years + now through May 3, 2022.
- physical distancing must be maintained
- is keeping certain exhibits that are unable to be sanitized closed among other safety procedures.
For full details on the safety protocol in place to keep you, our staff and our community safe, head to our COVID-19 Information page.
The Farm and Food Discovery Centre hosts a wide range of family fun events throughout the year. Some crowd favourites include Ice Cream Party, Breakfast with Santa, Pumpkin Carving Party, Open Farm Day, and Pizza Party. Make sure your crew doesn't miss out on all the fun at the Discovery Centre!
Stay tuned for more events in 2022!
Check out some of the action from previous family fun events!
Bruce D. Campbell Farm and Food Discovery Centre
1290 Research Station Road
Glenlea Research Station | University of Manitoba
Glenlea, Manitoba, Canada, R0G 0S0