Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management Subsidy Program
The Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management recognizes that fees can pose a barrier when engaging children and youth in recreational programming. The subsidy program aims to expand access to recreation opportunities for children and youth, regardless of economic family income.
How to apply
Complete the online application form in full. Once the application form is submitted, please allow two weeks for review and processing.
You will receive an email response within two weeks indicating the outcome of your application. Please ensure you have provided a daytime phone number, as we will call you if we have any questions or require additional information.
Important Registration Information:
- Applications should be submitted before the program registration start dates.
- Program space and availability are not guaranteed for approved subsidy applications. Program space is on a first-come, first-serve registration basis.
- If approved, applicants are responsible for completing their own registrations.
- A subsidy credit will be added to the account for the approved individual identified on the application.
- The subsidy is intended to be applied towards children and youth recreational programming offered by the Faculty of Kinesiology and Recreation Management at the University of Manitoba, such as summer camps, swimming lessons and other recreational programming.
- Only one application per individual child can be submitted within 12 months. Applications must be submitted by a parent/guardian.
- The subsidy is not transferrable, has no cash value, and will expire if not used.
Funding is limited, and applications are not guaranteed to be approved.