The Centre on Aging provides biweekly updates to persons interested in the Centre's activities, presentations, or conferences related to aging, or various events or activities related to aging. The biweekly updates are distributed every second Friday.
Want to stay up to date on the Centre on Aging's events and news? Email us to be put on our mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listed are the last four published updates:
Celebrating and recognizing older people
Each year, older people are recognized for their contributions across the world. The Centre on Aging recognizes these significant milestones.
- January: Alzheimer Awareness month (Canada)
- April: Caregiver recognition day
- May: Let no one be alone week
- June 1: Intergenerational Day Canada
- June 15: World elder abuse awareness day (WEADD) | Manitoba
- October 1 (global recognition): International Day of Older Persons and National Seniors Day (Canada)
- October: Seniors' and Elders' day (Manitoba)
Manitoba Seniors Guide
211 Manitoba partnered with the Department of Seniors and Long-Term Care in the development of the Manitoba Seniors Guide. The new Manitoba Seniors Guide provides important information about seniors serving organizations throughout the province and includes hundreds of listings of services supporting adults including home care, social services and community groups.
Access the guide online from
You can also call 211 to get more information about the guide.
COVID-19 resources for older people
As more Manitobans get their vaccinations and public restrictions are reduced, the Centre on Aging has updated its community, health, and social support resource pages for older persons in the community as it relates to COVID-19.