Final grade appeal deadlines

  • Deadline for Fall Term 2023 classes
  • Deadline for Winter Term 2024 and Fall 2023/Winter 2024 classes

Appeal a final grade

If you have a good reason to believe a mistake has been made in the assessment of your original grade, you can appeal your grade. Before you file your appeal through the Registrar's Office, you can view your final exam through your faculty/school/ department. Final grades are released in Aurora.

First: Speak informally with your instructor. Discuss your concerns with your instructor during office hours or at another agreed-upon time. They may provide you with valuable feedback or may be willing to review your paper or exam again.


You will be charged a $50 fee for each appealed grade. The fee will be refunded for any grade that is changed. It should be noted an appealed grade may not be lowered.


How to file a final grade appeal

  1. Log in to Aurora
  2. Select Enrolment and Academic Records Tab
  3. Select Student Records
  4. Select Final Grade Appeal
  5. Follow each menu prompt to submit your appeal

The fee is refunded for a grade that is raised as a result of appeal. Be sure to keep your receipt.

After your appeal is submitted

Your appeal package will be forwarded to the department offering the course. There will be a second review of your final exam by the professor and a third party (either another professor or an appeal committee).

30 days after the grade appeal deadline, the department/academic unit must submit their decision to the Registrar’s Office. You will receive an email from the Registrar’s Office with the decision of your Grade appeal after the 30 days have past.

A final grade cannot be lowered as a result of an appeal.

Final grades governing documents

Appeal of term work grades

Term work returned or made available to students before the last day of classes is subject to the policies and procedures established by the academic unit. As outlined in the final grade procedure document, your first recourse is to speak to your instructor if you disagree with a grade. Ideally you can resolve your disagreement without a formal appeal.

If you've spoken to the instructor and still wish to formally appeal your grade, you must do so within 10 days of receiving your grade.

The fee of $50, per appealed term work grade, will be refunded for any grade that is changed as a result of the appeal. Full instructions are found on the appeal form. You must fill out the Term work appeal form and initiate it through your departmental office.