Sonia Udod, RN, PhD
- College of Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Studies, University of Saskatchewan
- Faculty of Health Studies Faculty of Graduate Studies, Brandon University
- Manitoba Centre for Nursing Research (MCNHR)
- Leadership, Management and Policy Interest Group, Canadian Association Schools of Nursing, Co-Chair, 2022-2024
- Academy of Management
- Association of Leadership Science in Nursing
- International Institute for Qualitative Methodology (IIQM)
- Canadian Health Human Resources Network
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Xi Lambda
Dr. Udod’s program of research focuses on nurse leader development critical to the creation of high quality healthcare workplaces, leading to quality nurse, patient, and organizational outcomes. Her areas of research focus on healthcare leadership, the nurse manager role, and health service delivery. Findings emerging from LEAD Outcomes Research have significant potential to inform and improve leadership practices and health services through translating relevant knowledge for nurse leaders.
We are committed to supporting healthcare leaders by, Creating and Translating Evidence for Nursing LEADership (LEAD) and Health Services.
Dr. Udod is passionate about enhancing nurse leader capacity in the workplace, and has a passion for teaching students to be effective leaders. In the LEADS Outcomes Research Dr. Udod works collaboratively with intra- and interdisciplinary teams to conduct research focusing on building nurse leader capacity. Her teaching expertise includes leadership and management, research methods, advanced qualitative methods, and has taught in undergraduate and graduate level nursing courses using various teaching modalities.
- PhD, University of Toronto
- Master of Science, Pace University, Pleasantville, New York
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Saskatchewan
- The Winnipeg Foundation Martha Donavan Leadership Development Award
- Top Researcher in Socio-Health, New Investigator Establishment Grant Award, Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation (SHRF) (2013)
- Rosenstadt Doctoral Dissertation Award, Lawrence Bloomberg Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto
- Gail Donner Fellowship in Nursing
- University of Toronto Fellowships, University of Toronto
- Government of Ontario/University of Toronto Foundation Graduate Scholarship in Science & Technology, University of Toronto