Dr. Schultz is a professor in the College of Nursing, Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. Her nursing career spans nearly four decades and includes working in direct pediatric patient care positions, policy research with the College of Registered Nurses in British Columbia, and research focused on health care services and policies. She completed her Masters of Nursing at the University of Victoria and her PhD from the University of British Columbia. Through her Master’s education, she completed a co-op term with the Ministry of Health in British Columbia. As an independent Canadian academic researcher since 2005, she has productively led several national teams of investigators, policy-makers, practitioners, community members and Elders; and is a Mentor with the Prairie Indigenous Knowledge Exchange Network (PIKE-Net) Mentorship Program.
- PhD, University of British Columbia (2005)
- Master of Nursing, University of Victoria (1999)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing , University of Victoria (1995)
- Diploma of Nursing, Saskatchewan Institute of Applied Sciences (1981)
Awards include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Association of Regulated Nurses of Manitoba, Professional Award for Research Excellence (2020)
- Ongomiizwin – Research, Undergraduate Summer Research Internship Award (2018)
- Top 5 posters: Chudyk AM, Waldman C, Horrill T, Demczuk L, Shimmin C, Stoddard R, Hickes S, Schultz A. (2018). Models and frameworks of patient engagement in health service research: A scoping review protocol. Health, Leisure, and Human Performance Research Institute, Research Day, Winnipeg, Man. (May 2018)
- Dr. Lester Janoff Award for Writing Excellence; Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry (2013)
- University of Manitoba Rh Award, for outstanding contribution to scholarship and research in the health science (2010)
- University of Manitoba Merit Award for Research and Scholarship in the Sciences category (2010)
- CIHR Research Fellowship with the Health Services and Policy Institute (2003-05)
Visit Annette Schultz's ORCID profile for a complete listing.
Annette Schultz's profile