Indigenous Circle of Empowerment 2022-2023 application form
Applying for admission to the Indigenous Circle of Empowerment (ICE) is a two-step process:
Step 1. Fill out and submit this application form.
Step 2. If your application is short-listed, you will hear from ICE before Sept. 18, 2022 to schedule your interview. Interviews will be scheduled on September 22, 23 and 24, 2022.
Instructions, Eligibility and Expectations
Before starting to fill out this application, you will need:
- your contact information
- a resume or curriculum vitae in Word format
- a short autobiography
To be considered for admission to the Indigenous Circle of Empowerment student leadership development program, you must:
- be an Indigenous (First Nations, Metis, Inuit) student in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.5)
- have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours of coursework
- maintain a course load of 9 credit hours during the Fall 2022 Term and 9 credit hours during the Winter 2023 Term.
The criteria for selection include:
- a demonstrated potential as a leader
- a proven ability to successfully balance co-curricular involvement with a full-time course load (min. 60 per cent of a full course load)
We expect ICE members to:
- be open-minded, inclusive, respectful and responsible
- bring a positive attitude to all meetings and events
- attend ALL meetings, which will be scheduled Monday evenings listed in the accordion below.
- Complete Speechcraft training
- Speechcraft is delivered in four sessions that will take place on four evenings in January and February (see dates in corresponding accordion).
- Attending Speechcraft is not required for students that have previously completed Speechcraft training.
List of meeting dates
· Dates TBA