Simulation equipment purchase request
Help us prioritize equipment purchases
The Clinical Learning and Simulation Program (CLSP) is dedicated to furthering health education and patient care. When faculty have an interest in purchasing specific types of simulators and/or equipment for their educational programs they may submit a request to the CLSP for consideration.
Due to limited CLSP funding available each year for the purchase new and/or replacement equipment, all requests are reviewed by the Simulation Education Research and Programming (SERP) Committee and prioritized for purchase.
Criteria used include the following:
- Educational need – educational objectives that are part of a defined curriculum or program;
- Availability of existing CLSP resources that perform the same or similar function;
- Projected utilization including features or functions available and the number of potential users/user groups;
- Performance – how well the item functions and addresses the projected need; and
- Overall cost – initial cost and ongoing operating costs (i.e. consumable parts, repair and maintenance).
Once reviewed the SERP Committee will determine one of the following:
- Priority purchase of the item with existing CLSP funds;
- Request to share in the cost of the purchase with the requesting department;
- Deferral of the purchase until sufficient funds become available; or
- Decline the request and/or make recommendation that other funding sources be considered.