Dr. Gayle Halas is an assistant professor in the School of Dental Hygiene at the Dr. Gerald Niznick College of Dentistry. She also holds adjunct appointments in the department of family medicine and community health sciences in the Max Rady College of Medicine.
Halas graduated from the School of Dental Hygiene in 1987 and practiced in general and periodontal practice for 22 years, joining the School of Dental Hygiene as an instructor in 2000.
In 2006, she moved into a research role with the department of family medicine at the Max Rady College of Medicine. Thriving in this role for 10 years, Halas grew increasingly passionate about primary health-care research. In 2016, she completed her PhD through UM’s individualized interdisciplinary program and was appointed assistant professor and research director in family medicine.
She maintains an associate research director role in Family Medicine along with a leadership role in the Manitoba Primary and Integrated Healthcare Research Network, designed to support and facilitate development and growth within the primary health care research community.
- Individualized Interdisciplinary PhD (Educational Health Communication and Research) University of Manitoba
- Master of Arts (Integrated Studies - Educational Studies Stream), Athabasca University
- Diploma, Dental Hygiene, University of Manitoba
- Fellowship in Transdisciplinary Understanding and Training on Research - Primary Health
- Care (TUTOR-PHC), University of Western Ontario
- Certification in Higher Education and Training, Post-secondary Education, University of Manitoba
Visit Gayle Halas’ ORCID profile for a complete listing.
Gayle Halas’ profile