Explore the coverage of our health group benefits.
The group insurance programs consists of:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Optional Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Long Term Disability
- Supplementary Health
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
UM offers two pensions:
- UM Pension Plan (1993)
The University of Manitoba Pension Plan provides eligible employees of the university with retirement, termination, and death benefits.
- Geographical Full-Time Pension Plan (1986)
The University of Manitoba GFT Pension Plan (1986) provides pension benefits for members of the Faculty of Medicine who sign a Geographical Full-Time Agreement.
AESES (Association of Employees Supporting Education Services)
CUPE Local 1482 (Engineering)
CUPE Local 3909 (Students - Unit 1)
CUPE Local 3909 (Sessionals - Unit 2)
UMFA (University of Manitoba Faculty Association)
- UMFA Collective Agreement 2017-2021, signed (PDF)
- UMFA Collective Agreement 2017-2021, unsigned (PDF)
Unifor Local 3007
After accepting an offer, complete and submit the Personal Information Form to your unit (do not submit directly to Human Resources) if any of the following apply:
- You have been hired by the University for the first time.
- You have been re-hired by the University and your personal information has changed since you were last employed at the University.
For University of Manitoba Faculty Association (UMFA) or Geographical Full-Time (GFT) appointments only, refer to the principal subject taught codes to complete page two of the Personal Information Form:
We expect you may have questions. Please work with your manager to ensure you understand and complete all necessary steps in order to make your transition into your new job a smooth one. You may also email the HR Help Desk if you have any questions along the way.